IGNORED

Where is the GOTY 2016?

Rev

Can this award automatically go to Rocketeer? :)

Ha! I built in a teaser announcing my next game as an easter egg in Christmas Carol when I released it originally in 2012. Fortunately nobody has seen the teaser -- the game hasn't gotten off the design state yet. :(

That's a delay that challenges Rocketeer, if anybody ever knew about it.

-dZ.

Well, at least its not paid for 11 years now :ponder: And honestely, if you take 4 years (at least, you are the only one who knows if it will be released this year) for Mars Mini Games and Rocketeer, a Arcade Game, then 11 years for an ambitious game like Defender of the Crown, where you have to see license negotiations as well, seems not that much.

Or in other words: I don't think you are in the position of making fun about not released games. Really, don't do this.

Edited by Ignorama
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

attachicon.gif2016-1-Capture.PNGattachicon.gif2016Capture.PNG

We might as well do one of these

It's all good. The only comment I have is that I think that D2K Special Edition is just another variation of the same game. I get it, it's not binary-compatible with its predecessor, so not exactly a re-release, but it's just the same game with bonus material. Is it really "Game Of The Year" competing on the merits of the game, or just "Release Of The Year" competing on the collateral and whole package, including bonus material?

• Like 1

It's all good. The only comment I have is that I think that D2K Special Edition is just another variation of the same game. I get it, it's not binary-compatible with its predecessor, so not exactly a re-release, but it's just the same game with bonus material. Is it really "Game Of The Year" competing on the merits of the game, or just "Release Of The Year" competing on the collateral and whole package, including bonus material?

No. It's not.

Don't go on about stuff you know nothing about. You haven't even played it.

No. It's not.

Don't go on about stuff you know nothing about. You haven't even played it.

I thought you didn't believe in these polls? What's it to you? I'm going by the description. It's just another of the yearly releases of Donkey Kong. :roll:

• Like 1

"I thought you didn't believe in these polls?"

I don't.

"What's it to you?"

I should be asking you this. Why are you trying to get D2K Arcade Special Edition disqualified?

"I'm going by the description."

Thought so. You haven't played it, and don't know what you're talking about.

"It's just another of the yearly releases of Donkey Kong. :roll:"

Is this your version of 'Alternative facts' in the Intellivision community? Another of the 'yearly releases of Donkey Kong'......Tell me, what 'Donkey Kong' was released in 2015? 2014?

D2K Arcade SE is definitely an update of a previous game but the "bonus" material is significant. It has completely new screens that are not in any of the other games in the series. Maybe not enough to be "game of the year"; some people might even consider it inferior to the previous version. I can see how people that dont play Donkey Kong might consider them all to be the same game. But many Donkey Kong fans would consider all four games in the series to be different games.

LockNchase 8k for example has some 'bonus' material (collapsing Lupin animation). There is also some very minor changes to the player movement. I wouldn't think anyone would consider it a new game. Even if the control were improved it might be considered a 'bug' fixed version rather than a different game.

Why is it that every year this "fun" poll turns into a train wreck of a conversation?

Someone just start the damn poll and list every game released, be it hack, copyright infringement or whatever. Keep the collapsing Lupin ... who cares? NO ONE is seriously voting for the collapsing Lupin as game of the year (unless they're just trying to prove me wrong ;) ).

It's simple ... list all games and let the fans decide what a legitimate, new game release is. We're usually pretty good at it.

Personally, I think this year will have a runaway winner. I know my vote will be with Sydney.

Edited by Fushek
  • Like 4

"I thought you didn't believe in these polls?"

I don't.

"What's it to you?"

I should be asking you this. Why are you trying to get D2K Arcade Special Edition disqualified?

Not disqualified, in a separate category.

"I'm going by the description."

Thought so. You haven't played it, and don't know what you're talking about.

"It's just another of the yearly releases of Donkey Kong. :roll:"

Is this your version of 'Alternative facts' in the Intellivision community? Another of the 'yearly releases of Donkey Kong'......Tell me, what 'Donkey Kong' was released in 2015? 2014?

Probably the ROM or the cart-only release. I've lost track of them.

Oh, and I do play donkey Kong quite a bit. It's because of that that to me they all look mostly the same.

Anyway, it was a suggestion to create a category for a "release" and leave the brand new games on their own. Of course, the peanut gallery needs to take it personally as an attack. Carry on.

Why is it that every year this "fun" poll turns into a train wreck of a conversation?

Someone just start the damn poll and list every game released, be it hack, copyright infringement or whatever. Keep the collapsing Lupin ... who cares? NO ONE is seriously voting for the collapsing Lupin as game of the year (unless they're just trying to prove me wrong ;) ).

It's simple ... list all games and let the fans decide what a legitimate, new game release is. We're usually pretty good at it.

Personally, I think this year will have a runaway winner. I know my vote will be with Sydney.

LockNChase 8k is not in the game of the year category. The lists posted are fine. Just trying to point out the difference between a minor change and a significant change in a game. Edited by mr_me

Not disqualified, in a separate category.

Probably the ROM or the cart-only release. I've lost track of them.

Oh, and I do play donkey Kong quite a bit. It's because of that that to me they all look mostly the same.

Anyway, it was a suggestion to create a category for a "release" and leave the brand new games on their own. Of course, the peanut gallery needs to take it personally as an attack. Carry on.

There is certainly different opinions on this. Someone might consuder D2K Arcade and DK Arcade the same game. To me DK North American and Japanese versions are different games. You can't play conveyor belts level 1 or level 2 and springs level 1 on the north american version. To some people the missing difficulty level doesn't matter. For a game of the year contest there are valid arguements either way. But its a different discussion than if a new version of a game is a different game. Edited by mr_me

Peanut Gallery? I see....anyone who doesn't agree with you is the peanut gallery.....

I guess when you release the sequel to your pac man variant that we can call it the 'same game' with 'bonus materials' and take it out of the 'new release' category. I'm sure you will agree and have no problem with that, right?

Peanut Gallery? I see....anyone who doesn't agree with you is the peanut gallery.....

I guess when you release the sequel to your pac man variant that we can call it the 'same game' with 'bonus materials' and take it out of the 'new release' category. I'm sure you will agree and have no problem with that, right?

I don't have any new variant edition of Christmas Carol planned for release, if that is what you are referring to, but if I did, I wouldn't consider it a "brand new game," no. I would regard it -- like I regard all the private variations that I've made for the contest winners -- as just another variant. As it should be.

dZ.

DK ARCADE by Elektronite included these screens:

Barrels (DK)

Pie Factory (DK)

Elevators (DK)

Rivets (DK)

D2K ARCADE by Elektronite included these screens:

Barrels (DK)

Pie Factory (DK)

Elevators (DK)

Rivets (DK)

Twisted Girders (CARL) *not on Jeff's D2K

The Mixer (D2K)

The Refinery (D2K)

Triple Elevator (D2K)

The Eliminator (CARL) *not on Jeff's D2K

D2K ARCADE Special Edition screens:

The Foundry NEW!

The Incinerator NEW!

Barrels (DK)

Pie Factory (DK)

Rivets (DK)

Twisted Girders (CARL ON D2K)

The Mixer (D2K)

The Refinery (D2K)

Triple Elevators (D2k

The Eliminator (CARL ON D2K)

Was thinking about this. What Vprette started few years back was GOTY. Game Of The Year.

If a GAME was released during the year, it should be included. Period. Don't really matter if its a hack, special edition, add on, repro, etc etc. It was a game that people could purchase amd play for Intellivision should be the only qualifier.

Now sub categories is a totally different thing. And I personally like that idea along with the MAIN voting poll.

Of course this is only my opinion. I'm not the boss of the intv scene. Haha.

I vote for this to be the primary poll options:

Gosub

IntyBASIC Showcase Volume 1

Sydney Hunter Sacred Tribe

Ultimate Pong

Desert Bus

BC Quest for Tires

Super Mine-Field

Hard Hat

Space Cadet

Blow Out

D2K Arcade Special Edition

Lock N Chase Collapsing Lupin

Super Pro Baseball

Mystic Castle

Missile Domination

Land Battle

Sub catagories added on for fun. ;-)

• Like 2

"It was a game that people could purchase amd play for Intellivision should be the only qualifier."

So do you/we consider private releases in that category.. ;P :) Because really they are not known to be released to general community.. Only to the private chosen few.. And when it does finally come out to be known its the next year..

Any Thoughts ? Just throwing it out there..

• Like 2