IGNORED

Mystic Castle manual, overlay, & label kit

mthompson

How about the ETA on Canadian orders... lol :P Just kidding Mark..

Thanks again

Actually, I sent a bunch of kits out on Thursday, so they might arrive in Canada pretty soon.

I try to send orders out the same day they come in. Myself, I'm like a little kid waiting for the mail. As soon as I order something, I can't wait for it to arrive.

• Like 5

Do you have a site for ordering boxes? I've been interested in buying your boxes for a while now.

I'm afraid not. People just PM me here and I trade them for things I need for either my own collection, to complete common games I give away to new collectors, or the items I sell on eBay to fund my hobby. I will have a separate thread when I have the Mystic Castle and Super Pro Baseball boxes ready sometime next month.

• Like 3

Curious, is the plan to leave the rear white like that? Wonder if it would look nicer matched in black as the rest, with white fonts of course... ?

Yes. My designs are meant to mimic the original release as closely as possible, in this case Thunder Castle. I try to go for the vintage look of original INTV game boxes. The majority of them had white backs with exceptions like Commando or Hover Force. For updated games I change the base color to black to differentiate them from the original box. Otherwise I try to keep everything the same with some minor touches, like the font in the case of Mystic Castle.

Although mthompson and I do not actually work on these together we do trade notes and try to keep our designs matching as much as possible. In this case, I changed the font from the block Thunder Castle style to the creepy typeset I used on the overlays per Mark's suggestion. He did the same on the manual and created the cart label using the top of the overlays as a guide. He's an ace with fonts and typesetting so his input teaches me a lot. The same was true of David's collaboration on the Super Pro Baseball box. He has been doing CIB releases for years and really knew how to clean up and improve my original design. I'm just a self-taught amateur so getting pointers from real pros like these guys is invaluable.

• Like 7

Wow! How soon before you can take my money?

When I am ready to be bombarded with requests there will be a separate thread for everyone to inquire about them sometime in February. I'm just using Mark's kit threads to give everyone a preview as I start assembling these by hand. It takes around 30-40 minutes per box to put together so it will take me a bit but the printing has begun!

• Like 2