Photo

What is your goal for 2017 (intv speaking)?

92 replies to this topic

#76 sramirez2008 ONLINE  

sramirez2008

Stargunner

• 1,854 posts
  • Stella Foreva

Posted Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:49 PM

Pickup the following games/hardware:
- Air Raid
- JR Pac Man
- Rocketeer
- Intellivision System Changer

Attend PRGE, work permitting.  :)

#77 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Intellivision Hoarder

• 11,410 posts
  • But Atari Rules!

Posted Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:15 PM

I don't think I've responded to this thread yet....
1)Definitely going to PRGE, so staying alive until then is a priority
2)finally find CBS German Angry Kong to complete my CBS/Colecovision variations
3)somehow get lucky and find Digiplay Pinball, (ideally find two so Steve Jones gets one too). :)
4)continue to add to my Shockvision and Intelligames collections and get everything scanned for Steve for the Intyfunhouse site
5)fill in more holes in my German, Dutch, Italian, French, and Spanish euro manual variations as well as UK and Australian Lifestyle boxes
6)add to my Bandai CIB collection
7)look for any new paperwork/catalogs/ephemera, etc that I don't have
8)add any missing boxed hardware, including system box variations and controllers/add ons
9)find more Parker and Imagic prototypes/test carts
10)support all homebrewers by buying their games and/or by helping behind the scenes
11)get Groovy to release a Captain Bacon game
12)get Tarzilla or Oscar or any talented programmer to release a Star Wars game whereby you get to kill Ewoks, Jawas, Gungans and ultimately Jar Jar as the final boss
13)continue to do guest appearances on the Intellivisionaries podcast to provide a "Canadian" perspective :)
14)discourage Rev from collecting Hello Kitty and My Little Pony paraphernalia
15)oh, almost forgot this...find more KC CIB games
16)play more Inty with my son as I want him to truly appreciate what he'll one day inherit
17)finish my Aquarius collection, still need Chess CIB
....I'm sure more things will come to mind...

#78 Steve Jones OFFLINE  

Steve Jones

Dragonstomper

• 522 posts

Posted Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:52 AM

Thanks for keeping me
In mind on the elusive DP Pinball
What do you mean by Australian and Uk lifestyle boxes?
The system ones with soccer in the TV ?
There are two I am aware of, are there more?
Or something else?

#79 intellivotion ONLINE  

intellivotion

River Patroller

• 2,169 posts
  • Time Zone Traveller

Posted Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:05 AM

(...) What do you mean by Australian and Uk lifestyle boxes?
The system ones with soccer in the TV ?
There are two I am aware of, are there more?
Or something else?

the variation of the game boxes, I guess. The ones with the writing on the top or on the bottom flap (sometimes with a sticker) stating that the game was made in HK and distributed by Lifestyle, often mentioning Radofin as well
(someone correct me if I'm wrong)

#80 the1hatman OFFLINE  

the1hatman

Dragonstomper

• 607 posts

Posted Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:03 PM

the variation of the game boxes, I guess. The ones with the writing on the top or on the bottom flap (sometimes with a sticker) stating that the game was made in HK and distributed by Lifestyle, often mentioning Radofin as well
(someone correct me if I'm wrong)

I have a Word Fun box that has that text. It doesn't mention Lifestyle, just "Manufactured for Mattel by Radofin Electronics (Far East) Ltd." It's printed directly on the bottom flap, no sticker.

#81 Utopia ONLINE  

Utopia

Dragonstomper

• 685 posts

Posted Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:50 PM

The Australian distributor was Lifestyle Electronics.

#82 the1hatman OFFLINE  

the1hatman

Dragonstomper

• 607 posts

Posted Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:08 PM

The Australian distributor was Lifestyle Electronics.

That makes sense then. cmart had confirmed the one I had was the UK version. I can see how they'd have different distributors in areas that far apart.

#83 intellivotion ONLINE  

intellivotion

River Patroller

• 2,169 posts
  • Time Zone Traveller

Posted Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:38 PM

I have a Word Fun box that has that text. It doesn't mention Lifestyle, just "Manufactured for Mattel by Radofin Electronics (Far East) Ltd." It's printed directly on the bottom flap, no sticker.

I have a Word Fun purchased in Melbourne, with a sticker mentioning both Radofin and Lifestyle. Tha manual is the UK version (-820)

#84 GenetixJ OFFLINE  

GenetixJ

Moonsweeper

• 355 posts
  • 8-bit pharmacy

Posted Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:56 AM

Wow, with 2017 winding down I thought I'd look at my goals and see where I stand. Overall most of the old goals were done and some of the new ones. I've worked a few deals here on the forums and I like it better than ePay.

Looking forward to Secret Santa, and 2018.

Yes, I've started my christmas ornament project. We'll see...

updates to my list:

Wow! 2017 has been incredible. I'm really thankful to the community, ebay, student loans, and dumb luck. I've gotten Christmas Carol, DK Arcade (from Carl himself), Number Jumble, Land Battle, and Go Sub. The original Sydney Hunter still on its way from Canada, and I've been waiting since early January. Bunny Hotel and Space Beaver are also ordered.

I have competed or made CiB: Piggy Bank, with Diner and Commando almost finished with final pieces on their way.

My additional goals for 2017 are:
1) Learn to make boxes. If any member will send me their adobe template I would appreciate it
2) Make an 'ornament set' for Christmas time
3) Get an auction/fundraiser going for either Children's play or for The Big Slick here in Kansas City
4) NIB Intv2
5) Sears controller CIB
6) Get board for Mystic Castle, SP Baseball, and Missile  Domination
7) Super Cobra or Tutankam
8) Pacman JR
9) sealed, NIB Backgammon- gatefold, INTV, and Sears. This is my favorite board game
10) Learn some INTY Basic.

I'm expecting y'all to hold me to these.

#85 BBWW ONLINE  

BBWW

River Patroller

• 2,894 posts
  • If it is not fun move away slowly.

Posted Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:41 PM

Because I'm so set in my collection. None of my goals were met except getting to PRGE! I did demo two BBWW games...so that was fun.

SOMEBODY PLEASE someone find me a sealed (shrink wrapped) CBS Turbo!!!!

#86 Steve Jones OFFLINE  

Steve Jones

Dragonstomper

• 522 posts

Posted Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:33 PM

Believe me I will be doing nothing but Super Pro Baseball, Mystic Castle and Lock 'N' Chase boxes all next month. There's no time for anything else!

What ever happened to these, we got the boards, the cart labels, overlays, manuals, just waiting for your boxes.
Take my money!!!

Edited by Steve Jones, Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:33 PM.

#87 adamchevy OFFLINE  

adamchevy

Stargunner

• 1,257 posts

Posted Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:35 PM

Obtain a Sears Intellivision, an LTO flash cart, and mod my Intellivision. All done except the mod. Oh and play every single Intellivision game that has ever been realeased in rom form for atleast 3 minutes.

Edited by adamchevy, Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:35 PM.

#88 intellivotion ONLINE  

intellivotion

River Patroller

• 2,169 posts
  • Time Zone Traveller

Posted Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:49 AM

1. I want to go to the PRGE 2017

2. I want to purchase Learning Fun I and Learning Fun II (at the right price)

3. I want to buy all the homebrews that will be released

4. I want to have more time to play Intellivision games

5. I want to buy more Shock Vision and Digimed/Digiplay games

5bis. I want to find a Shock Vision adapter

6. I want to find more “for color t.v. viewing only” games

7. I want at least 2 copies of all the the1hatman’s boxes

8. I want at least 2 copies of all the mthompson’s stuff

9. I do NOT want to see the photos that BBWW has of Cmart on Rev

10. I do NOT want to see the photos that BBWW doesn’t have of Rev on Cmart (but someone else actually does)

I have actually accomplished many of the goals Intellivision related I had set out for myself for 2017. The most amazing ones are to have gone to PRGE 2017 and to have completed the 125 CIB collection.

#89 scalpel OFFLINE  

scalpel

River Patroller

• 2,046 posts

Posted Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:02 AM

I have actually accomplished many of the goals Intellivision related I had set out for myself for 2017. The most amazing ones are to have gone to PRGE 2017 and to have completed the 125 CIB collection.

I think you didn't see collection's pictures of Cmart and BBWW ;)

#90 Lathe26 OFFLINE  

Lathe26

River Patroller

• 3,006 posts

Posted Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:41 AM

Goals for 2017:

• Figure out my goals for 2017

I still haven't achieved my goals for 2017.

#91 nanochess OFFLINE  

nanochess

River Patroller

• 4,894 posts
  • Coding something good

Posted Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:40 PM

I feel pretty stupid of not having released a new version of IntyBASIC since October 2016, no big changes but there are a few bugs that need urgent update :dunce:

Wanted to be at 125 loose Intellivision cartridges by this year, but looks like I'll have to wait because I've had a conversation with the green things in my pocket :ponder:

The good news is that I've got Oregon Bound released in record time and I'm working in the new levels for Miner 2049er :grin:

In another good news, I've had a pair of ideas for new games, but in the bad news, I don't have enough time to start them :P that's a shame because I wanted to help to break the record of releases this year just to make eric7100 to be happy :evil:

#92 DZ-Jay OFFLINE  

DZ-Jay

Quadrunner

• 9,924 posts
  • Triple-Stripe Mo' Bro

Posted Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:51 PM

I feel pretty stupid of not having released a new version of IntyBASIC since October 2016, no big changes but there are a few bugs that need urgent update :dunce:

Wanted to be at 125 loose Intellivision cartridges by this year, but looks like I'll have to wait because I've had a conversation with the green things in my pocket :ponder:

The good news is that I've got Oregon Bound released in record time and I'm working in the new levels for Miner 2049er :grin:

In another good news, I've had a pair of ideas for new games, but in the bad news, I don't have enough time to start them :P that's a shame because I wanted to help to break the record of releases this year just to make eric7100 to be happy :evil:

I heard that Eric got a third job and a second POD storage unit to catch up with yours and Rev's releases. :lol:

#93 adamchevy OFFLINE  

adamchevy

Stargunner

• 1,257 posts

Posted Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:45 PM

I heard that Eric got a third job and a second POD storage unit to catch up with yours and Rev's releases. :lol:

I’m starting to work more overtime so I can afford all of the things I pledged my name to Intellivision related. Of course I always work a lot so that’s nothing all that new. I am impressed with goal setting for a video game console. I usually see goals as striving to accomplish something really important. Video games aren’t usually on that list for me, but maybe they should be. I sure do spend most of my play money on them. It would be nice to look back and feel a sense of accomplishment about gaming from time to time. I see that Microsoft was on to something a few years back.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users