609 replies to this topic

#601 CyranoJ OFFLINE  

CyranoJ

Quadrunner

• 5,411 posts
  • RAPTOR in LOCAL

Posted Yesterday, 2:45 AM

don't render harder, render smarter

You seem to have got the 'don't render' part down fully.  I'll chime in and be the nth person here telling you to go and do something and stop pretending you already know how ;)

#602 philipj OFFLINE  

philipj

Moonsweeper

• 495 posts

Posted Yesterday, 8:08 AM

You seem to have got the 'don't render' part down fully.  I'll chime in and be the nth person here telling you to go and do something and stop pretending you already know how ;)

Reading the tech manual and countless forum topics over a period of time, makes me feel like I know something.

#603 CyranoJ OFFLINE  

CyranoJ

Quadrunner

• 5,411 posts
  • RAPTOR in LOCAL

Posted Yesterday, 8:14 AM

Reading the tech manual and countless forum topics over a period of time, makes me feel like I know something.

I've read 2001, but I ain't going to Jupiter anytime soon.

#604 agradeneu OFFLINE  

agradeneu

Moonsweeper

• 357 posts

Posted Yesterday, 8:48 AM

You had better read what the "Dunning Kruger effect" is.

Edited by agradeneu, Yesterday, 8:49 AM.

#605 42bs OFFLINE  

42bs

Chopper Commander

• 120 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:00 PM

As soon as you start programming, you will know if you know or don't know. And likely you will know by then that your knowledge isn't sufficient because of the unknown in the machine.
You know?

#606 philipj OFFLINE  

philipj

Moonsweeper

• 495 posts

Posted Yesterday, 8:59 PM

You had better read what the "Dunning Kruger effect" is.

Dude what are you even talking about...??? You're trying to paint a picture of me that isn't true at all and you know nothing about... I don't know what kind of idea about me that you have, but I'm trying to make peace here, maybe the sarcasm goes straight over my head, a lot of that around. Making peace seems to go by the waist-side over here, but then again maybe there's still hope... Maybe.

I've read 2001, but I ain't going to Jupiter anytime soon.

Ha ha very funny... Well now that you bring it up... Actually I like 2001 the movie visuals. Syd Mead (Mr. TRON himself), the futurist did all of the visual art works for that movie. I consider his work very brilliant and hope to bring that level of artistry to the Jag one day.

BTW I'm still very interested in RAPTOR... I want to make a 68000 based 3D engine using RAPTOR to display it for experimental reasons. There's a few things I need to grasp before using it, but I been eyeballing Raptor for a minute believe or not since I got another Skunkboard about a year ago. No need in programming the GPU in Assembly when you have the API to do the graphic work. 

As soon as you start programming, you will know if you know or don't know. And likely you will know by then that your knowledge isn't sufficient because of the unknown in the machine.
You know?

I here you... Thanks for the advise. That's probably one of the reason why I never dived in all of the way due to all of the horror stories from experienced programmers like yourself and others here. It's also one of the reason why I keep reading.

#607 philipj OFFLINE  

philipj

Moonsweeper

• 495 posts

Posted Yesterday, 9:03 PM

One more thing... Can we please get this tread back on topic??? 

#608 CyranoJ OFFLINE  

CyranoJ

Quadrunner

• 5,411 posts
  • RAPTOR in LOCAL

Posted Yesterday, 9:11 PM

BTW I'm still very interested in RAPTOR... No need in programming the GPU in Assembly when you have the API to do the graphic work. 

That is why I released it. Now, Go. Code.

#609 agradeneu OFFLINE  

agradeneu

Moonsweeper

• 357 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:34 PM

Dude what are you even talking about...??? You're trying to paint a picture of me that isn't true at all and you know nothing about... I don't know what kind of idea about me that you have, but I'm trying to make peace here, maybe the sarcasm goes straight over my head, a lot of that around. Making peace seems to go by the waist-side over here, but then again maybe there's still hope... Maybe.

I'm just telling you that it would be wise to be a bit more modest about yourself, read: abilities/competence as a coder, IF you actually  want to achieve anything.

#610 philipj OFFLINE  

philipj

Moonsweeper

• 495 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:37 PM

I'm just telling you that it would be wise to be a bit more modest about yourself, read: abilities/competence as a coder, IF you actually  want to achieve anything.

I gotcha.  :thumbsup:

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users