This game is far from complete, but after a few months of development I think it's time for a playable demo. The game requires a SAMS card to run, and currently also requires a joystick for control (support for S, D, E, X added in version 0.2.0).
screenshot.png 8.22KB 16 downloads
The game has a very limited set of items and monsters as it is, and has not been adjusted for difficulty. Saving and loading is using a fixed file name DSK1.DOASAVE. Many features are incomplete, and some items are just dummies. Some stats (INT, WIS) are completely ignored. Still, if you discover crashes or anything definitely wrong I'm interested in knowing.
- 1: Set 8x8 tile mode.
- 2: Set 16x16 tile mode.
- 3: Set 2 rows message area.
- 4: Set 4 rows message area.
- 5: Disable stats panel.
- 6: Enable stats panel.
- Joystick left, right, up, down: Move player; Attack; Specify direction for directional command; Select item in dialog (inventory, equipment, shop).
- Joystick fire, space: Close dialog (inventory, equipment, shop, map).
- S, D, E, X: Move left, right, up, down.
- G: Get item.
- O: Open door (directional).
- C: Close door (directional).
- L: Look (directional).
- T: Tunnel (directional).
- >: Go down staircase.
- <: Go up staircase.
- I: Inventory.
- W: Wear/wield (from inventory).
- D: Drop (from inventory). Item will be lost.
- U: Use (from inventory).
- S: Sell (from inventory in shop area).
- Q: Equipment.
- R: Remove (from equipment). Transfer to inventory.
- B: Enter shop (from shop area only); Buy item (from shop).
- M: Display Map.
- Ctrl+S: Save game (from town only).
- Ctrl+L: Load game.
- Ctrl+R: Restart game.
I'm attaching the game on disk and as an image compatible with the FlashROM99.
New features in version 0.2.0
- Version number added
- Cursor keys SDEX to move, E (equipment) moved to Q
- Saving inventory, equipment, shop
- Light wakes up monsters
- Monsters move faster after you hit them
- Scroll of recall
- Villains in town
- Wisdom bonus for trade
- XB loader
Bugs fixed in version 0.2.0
- Fixed stairs - you start at the stairs you entered by, but there are 3 up stairs when going up, and 3 down stairs when going down
- Monsters should no longer move into walls
- Fixed bug causing all items to be dropped
New features in version 0.3.0
- Music - 2 tunes: one in town, another in dungeon
- Ctrl+R restarts game
New features in version 0.3.1
- Some changes to town music
- Pickaxe of mining must be used for tunnelling
- 4 New monsters
- Fountains in town heal
- Fixed bug in shop/inventory scrolling
- Screen cleared before entering dungeon