Photo

Dungeons of Asgard - game under development

33 replies to this topic

#26 fabrice montupet OFFLINE  

fabrice montupet

Chopper Commander

• 175 posts

Posted Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:04 AM

I like DOA ! Congratulation Rasmus. I'm waiting the new versions of it with a great impatience :-)

#27 arcadeshopper OFFLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 2,049 posts

Posted Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:35 PM

nice update! those villans are wimps! :)  I kept getting my butt kicked on l1 until i got some armor 

noticed that if you go back to town the dungeon randomizes again when you go back down.. 

also had one point where i went in from town and my up-stair turned into a down-stair..   pretty sure.. will try and reproduce

Greg

#28 Asmusr OFFLINE  

Asmusr

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,139 posts

Posted Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:53 PM

noticed that if you go back to town the dungeon randomizes again when you go back down.. 

That's expected - I cannot save the full state of each dungeon level. I could regenerate the same level with the same monsters and items and all tiles hidden, but that would be boring. The idea is that you should move further and further down into the dungeon (using scroll of recall) as your level rises.

also had one point where i went in from town and my up-stair turned into a down-stair..   pretty sure.. will try and reproduce

That's not expected.  :)

#29 arcadeshopper OFFLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 2,049 posts

Posted Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:20 PM

ok burned the new version on a rom and played a few rounds on real iron..   looking good!  

haven't been able to reproduce my stair issue 

#30 budz2355 OFFLINE  

budz2355

Moonsweeper

• 266 posts

Posted Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:12 PM

Just downloaded the new version! ...looks like if I load my char from the old version it actually loads!.... but it takes a LONG TIME and then it takes FOREVER to move to I am assuming these two version aren't compatible.  It's actually pretty amazing that it even loads, just thought I would try it out for giggles.

Let the new adventure set forth in version 0.2.0!! 

#31 Opry99er OFFLINE  

Opry99er

Quadrunner

• 7,770 posts

Posted Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:42 PM

Holy cow... I missed this too.

Looks incredible!

#32 Asmusr OFFLINE  

Asmusr

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,139 posts

Posted Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:14 PM

Time flies, the previous version was from 17 January. I didn't work on the gameplay lately, but I have been working on the music. I'm not much of a composer so it may sound weird, but my plan with this game is to create something that's all my own doing [edit: except for Tursi's music player, of course]. I have made a town tune and a dungeon tune. The latest version is available from the first post of this thread.

#33 arcadeshopper OFFLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 2,049 posts

Posted Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:18 PM

Time flies, the previous version was from 17 January. I didn't work on the gameplay lately, but I have been working on the music. I'm not much of a composer so it may sound weird, but my plan with this game is to create something that's all my own doing. I have made a town tune and a dungeon tune. The latest version is available from the first post of this thread.

nice!  

your town music hits me wrong ..should be more light hearted or less first voice.. it's a little overwhelming

I like the dungeon music! 

otherwise good so far need to give it more game time just my first impression 

Greg

#34 Asmusr OFFLINE  

Asmusr

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,139 posts

Posted Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:11 PM

your town music hits me wrong ..should be more light hearted or less first voice.. it's a little overwhelming

I think you're right, but I don't have any more ideas right now. The best I can do for now is to slow it down and dampen it a little.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users