IGNORED

How hard is it to replace the controller

Jim Pez

its hard to quantify the difficulty without knowing your skill set did you grow up with lego's have you ever done a minor repair on a car?

do you have velcro shoes?

i would say it is moderate to difficult also you need to know how to trouble shoot because the harness(cord) may be broken so just replacing the flex circuit may not be the repair

also these controllers are around 30 years old and plastic things break like when removing the top bezel for the start pause reset one of the locking lugs may snap off

i break the 2 little tabs on the bottom almost every time as they sometimes fuse with their holes also the flex circuit needs to be placed in with care and should not be creased in any way

and landing the actuator plates on the potetiometer horns can be tricky i think the uppy downy wants to be at 9 oclock and the lefty right wants to be at 6 oclock

some of the tools i use are an automotive feeler gauge (to remove the top bezel)

phillips screwdriver

double stick transparent tape (to stick the flex circuit down one small bit under the fire buttons ,start,p,r area ,keypad)