IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Orange onslaught

RSS Bot

So I decided to work on the Game Boy game I gave up on. The problem I was having was printf wasn't working. But last night, I made it work. Only problem is, the first line of text has to be on the top. I would like to lower it on the title screen, but I can't. Help time, though I probably won't get any on the GBDK forums. Anyway, after I got that figured out, I went to sleep. Woke up 10 hours later (not my usual 12-15). I keep having weird nightmares. They started like four days ago. Haven't been taking any new medicine or anything. Oh well. Went to the grocery store and the game store. Picked up a couple of Game Boy games. Went back home and continued work on Oranges. I made a guy walking around past the title screen. This is where the orange dodging will happen. I'm envisioning a game like the Secret Gov't Waffle Project here only involving oranges instead of waffles. The guy has animation and you can move him anywhere on the screen except where the score is, though you'll probably want to stay on the left side of the screen since the oranges will be coming from that direction if the game gets finished.

You'll see I changed the letter O and number 0 to an orange. I thought this is appropriate since they are round. The oranges will have to be bigger though. I wonder how many sprites I can have on the screen at once. I'm hoping for 4 oranges to come at you at once from various y positions. And once in a while, a fork will come and you can then eat the oranges for a few seconds to boost your score.

Attached thumbnail(s)
  • blogentry-9475-0-45949000-1484514564.png

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-13597-orange-onslaught/