Photo

NeoGeo Pocket Colour SD Cartridge

494 replies to this topic

#476 Hastor OFFLINE  

Hastor

Star Raider

• 54 posts

Posted Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:01 PM

The only time I've had to use overdumped ROMs has been recently, to make SuFami Turbo games work on SNES emulators and SD2SNES flashcart. For any reason, they require fusing 4x SuFami Turbo BIOS + game ROM to work, and such files appear as [o1] ROM versions in the GoodSNES romset.

GoodNGPx v3.27 Romset, marked as '(PD)'.

That makes sense, and thanks for the info as I also have an SD2SNES. However, I find it odd that those are classified as overdumps, rather than something like NameOfGame+Bios or another indicator that it includes something useful, not just extra unused space from the end of the chip, or some kind of dumping error. Now makes me wonder what other ones are useful, as I thought an overdump was typically identical to the 'good' rom, but less verified and larger (for what I thought was no good reason, such as untrimmed DS roms). They should really indicate that better, but then they don't listen to me! :)

Edited by Hastor, Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:02 PM.

#477 Greg2600 OFFLINE  

Greg2600

River Patroller

• 2,823 posts

Posted Mon Sep 4, 2017 11:36 AM

It can sometimes take that long. If nothing has shown up by the 5 week mark I'll send another out -- the odd package does get lost, but I've not had one go missing for some time now.

Another 2 weeks, and still nada.  :( :( :skull:  Also, I had ordered two.  Was there no tracking #?

#478 SainT OFFLINE  

SainT

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 851 posts

Posted Mon Sep 4, 2017 11:59 AM

Another 2 weeks, and still nada.  :( :( :skull:  Also, I had ordered two.  Was there no tracking #?

Yes, there will be for 2. I'll drop you a PM and sort this out.  :thumbsup:

Current status is stuck in customs at Kennedy NY -- anyone else had issues with customs? I'm pretty sure the last time I had post vanish into the customs system was at Kennedy as well, it did eventually make it out several weeks later.... but bloody hell was it slow and a PITA.

Edited by SainT, Mon Sep 4, 2017 12:11 PM.

#479 Krip316 ONLINE  

Krip316

Chopper Commander

• 211 posts

Posted Mon Sep 4, 2017 12:25 PM

Current status is stuck in customs at Kennedy NY -- anyone else had issues with customs? I'm pretty sure the last time I had post vanish into the customs system was at Kennedy as well, it did eventually make it out several weeks later.... but bloody hell was it slow and a PITA.

Yes, US customs suck! I've had issues with customs in Chicago. One package was there for 3 weeks???

#480 Sceptre_JLRB OFFLINE  

Sceptre_JLRB

Space Invader

• 19 posts

Posted Mon Sep 4, 2017 1:34 PM

That makes sense, and thanks for the info as I also have an SD2SNES. However, I find it odd that those are classified as overdumps, rather than something like NameOfGame+Bios or another indicator that it includes something useful, not just extra unused space from the end of the chip, or some kind of dumping error. Now makes me wonder what other ones are useful, as I thought an overdump was typically identical to the 'good' rom, but less verified and larger (for what I thought was no good reason, such as untrimmed DS roms). They should really indicate that better, but then they don't listen to me! :)

Totally agree. I use to preserve the overdumped ROMs, just in case.

#481 retrorgb OFFLINE  

retrorgb

Space Invader

• 18 posts

Posted Tue Sep 5, 2017 6:10 AM

Packages get stuck there all the time, sometimes for weeks.  Then, one day, they just magically appear at your door.  It's annoying, but there's nothing you can do.

#482 Greg2600 OFFLINE  

Greg2600

River Patroller

• 2,823 posts

Posted Tue Sep 5, 2017 11:14 AM

This has been SIX weeks though.  I'm not impatient, but I'm also doubting this thing will be received.  I opened a missing mail request online with USPS, we'll see what that does.  Sometimes you need to get them to actually inquire with customs.....

#483 thefred OFFLINE  

thefred

Combat Commando

• 8 posts

Posted Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:05 PM

This has been SIX weeks though.  I'm not impatient, but I'm also doubting this thing will be received.  I opened a missing mail request online with USPS, we'll see what that does.  Sometimes you need to get them to actually inquire with customs....

Did it come in yet?. 

#484 SainT OFFLINE  

SainT

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 851 posts

Posted Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:27 PM

I sent replacements. Hopefully they turned up, I lose track... :)

#485 spacecadet OFFLINE  

spacecadet

River Patroller

• 2,389 posts

Posted Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:15 PM

This has been SIX weeks though.  I'm not impatient, but I'm also doubting this thing will be received.  I opened a missing mail request online with USPS, we'll see what that does.  Sometimes you need to get them to actually inquire with customs.....

I could tell you some stories about that customs center. I have dealt with them personally many times, and have seen how the operation actually works.

I realize your post was five weeks ago so I don't know if you got this resolved, but long story short, six weeks is not an unusual time frame for something to get stuck there. I think the longest I ever had a package stuck there was five *months*.

#486 kublai OFFLINE  

kublai

Space Invader

• 31 posts

Posted Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:11 AM

Smokemonster just released a NeoGeo Pocket pack for those who are not aware. Happy Halloween!!!!

#487 Greg2600 OFFLINE  

Greg2600

River Patroller

• 2,823 posts

Posted Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:19 AM

I sent replacements. Hopefully they turned up, I lose track... :)

That is why you rock!

I could tell you some stories about that customs center. I have dealt with them personally many times, and have seen how the operation actually works.

I realize your post was five weeks ago so I don't know if you got this resolved, but long story short, six weeks is not an unusual time frame for something to get stuck there. I think the longest I ever had a package stuck there was five *months*.

I actually received the original package less than 2 weeks ago, about 3 months late!!!!

#488 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

River Patroller

• 3,130 posts

Posted Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:08 AM

Thanks for the heads up.  It was annoying trying to manually setup that entire package when I got that card months ago.  Guess I'll purge it and load this instead.

Doesn't appear they did much useful for the 2 other kits I have (gb and snes) so those huge downloads I'm not bothering with.

The NGPC package is 52.4MB -- fast.

#489 sTo0z OFFLINE  

sTo0z

Combat Commando

• 6 posts

Posted Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:50 AM

Hello my good sir, I hope you are well and have not died. :P

I have slowly crept down the line from 200 something now to a mere 14 in line, but I've noticed it has not moved in quite some time. I hope I have not missed any communication from you in any way, I have checked every folder, and I check daily. 

Maybe you are tired or involved in other projects and have taken a break, and that's cool! Just want to make sure I didn't mess up, thanks again!

#490 SainT OFFLINE  

SainT

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 851 posts

Posted Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:44 PM

Sorry, have been tied up getting a load of LynxSD carts out and setting up a new 3D printer among other things. Will be getting another load of NGP carts out next week, so you'll get your call then... :)

Its quite hard work when you have a few different devices on the go and trying to design new ones as well. Lots of things to juggle. I could really do with someone to help make and ship these things... or more hours in the day!  :-o

The fun of scaling things up.

#491 sTo0z OFFLINE  

sTo0z

Combat Commando

• 6 posts

Posted Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:03 PM

Awesome news, glad it was just busy and not something bad. :D 

Keep up the amazing work!

#492 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

River Patroller

• 3,130 posts

Posted Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:22 PM

Thats nice you branched into the Lynx.  I've only ever used one of them once a very long time ago when Atari did a mall tour but I fell in love with it then.  It just wasn't in the wallet being on allowance as I already had a Gameboy plus Nintendo console at the time already.  I imagine if I ever came across a Lynx or popped for one I'd get a kit just to save the headache as it had a lot of excellent Atari arcade conversions among other things.

Does the Lynx have the same slow load times of the NGPC kit?

#493 Chael OFFLINE  

Chael

Combat Commando

• 1 posts

Posted Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:07 PM

Chimming in for a request,  I'd like to play the K.O.F Battle de Paradise mini-games in link mode with friends but like in most party-games I find the single player mode boring and don't have the time and courage to unlock all the mini games.

If a sd cartridge/flashmasta owner has unlocked a good amount of mini games, would he mind sharing his file with me via PM? Thanks.

kof.jpg

Edited by Chael, Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:16 PM.

#494 genfuyung OFFLINE  

genfuyung

Star Raider

• 91 posts

Posted Tue Dec 5, 2017 6:49 PM

Are the pre order numbers on your site right Saint? I just registered to order one of these after using and enjoying the lynxsd I got a while ago and it says I'm number 640 in line...which seems insane.

#495 SainT OFFLINE  

SainT

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 851 posts

Posted Wed Dec 6, 2017 3:06 AM

Yeah, there are a lot! I'm not being very quick at getting them out at the moment either... need more time in the day!!!  :-o

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users