NeoGeo Pocket Colour SD Cartridge

518 replies to this topic

#501 respawn OFFLINE  

respawn

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Sat Jul 7, 2018 9:11 AM

Hello,

I recently got my NeoGeo Pocket SD and I love it. But, I have one problem: the suspend feature doesn't work in Neo Turf Masters.

In between shots/holes you should be able to suspend/save the game. I choose suspend, but when I turn the game on again, there is no save/suspend state to restore.

Is this something that could be fixed with a firmware update?

I've tried replacing all the batteries (sub battery included), and a couple different roms, but no luck.

#502 SainT OFFLINE  

SainT

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,079 posts

Posted Sat Jul 7, 2018 9:31 AM

Unfortunately this is one feature that does not work with the NGPSD cart. The firmware checks the cart ID on boot and continues if the same cart is in the machine. Unfortunately when you switch off / on the NGP, the current cart loaded is the menu, and the suspend save data is lost. I don't think I can do anything about this as I believe it gets corrupted before I get execution passed to my code.

#503 80s_Atari_Guy OFFLINE  

80s_Atari_Guy

Chopper Commander

• 228 posts

Posted Sat Jul 7, 2018 9:41 AM

Hey SainT, is the NeoGeo Pocket SD still available ?

#504 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

Quadrunner

• 6,056 posts

Posted Sat Jul 7, 2018 12:15 PM

Unfortunately this is one feature that does not work with the NGPSD cart. The firmware checks the cart ID on boot and continues if the same cart is in the machine. Unfortunately when you switch off / on the NGP, the current cart loaded is the menu, and the suspend save data is lost. I don't think I can do anything about this as I believe it gets corrupted before I get execution passed to my code.

That's good to know as some games had this feature and maybe worth noting on the website or an amended printed up manual so no one thinks their stuff is broken or they went insane.

#505 respawn OFFLINE  

respawn

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Sun Jul 8, 2018 10:32 AM

Thanks for the response. I couldn't figure out what was going wrong. Otherwise, the SD cart is awesome!

#506 SainT OFFLINE  

SainT

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,079 posts

Posted Mon Jul 9, 2018 2:49 AM

Hey SainT, is the NeoGeo Pocket SD still available ?

Yep, getting through the huge list of people! If you've not registered for one, you can here: http://www.retrohq.c...ocket-pre-order

Getting through it as quick as I can... :)

#507 SainT OFFLINE  

SainT

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,079 posts

Posted Mon Jul 9, 2018 2:50 AM

That's good to know as some games had this feature and maybe worth noting on the website or an amended printed up manual so no one thinks their stuff is broken or they went insane.

Yep, I'll update the manual. I'll also have to see if there's some way around this... would be good if it was possible.

#508 80s_Atari_Guy OFFLINE  

80s_Atari_Guy

Chopper Commander

• 228 posts

Posted Mon Jul 9, 2018 4:35 AM

Yep, getting through the huge list of people! If you've not registered for one, you can here: http://www.retrohq.c...ocket-pre-order

Getting through it as quick as I can... :)

Thanks SainT, Done, registered.

#509 DJTet OFFLINE  

DJTet

Combat Commando

• 4 posts

Posted Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:51 PM

Hey SainT, I bought a lynx card from you last year and have registered for the Neo Geo Pocket Color purchase.  Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work, some of these systems could have been forgotten as their lineups get more and more expensive.  Looking forward to getting a Jag (+ CD??) cart too!  Thanks again man

#510 PaulBearer64 OFFLINE  

PaulBearer64

Space Invader

• 18 posts

Posted Thu Sep 6, 2018 1:52 PM

I received mine today and so far it works great. Thanks for your hard work!

#511 coyo5050 OFFLINE  

coyo5050

Dragonstomper

• 603 posts

Posted Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:19 AM

I just checked on your pre-order site to see where I am on the list, which is position 391. Not sure what this means in relation to when I might be able to get one?

#512 SainT OFFLINE  

SainT

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,079 posts

Posted Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:05 AM

Hopefully a month or two. I've started speeding things up a lot with production in the last month or two.

#513 SainT OFFLINE  

SainT

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,079 posts

Posted Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:49 AM

Sending out a load of emails now for those waiting! :) These carts will have the new style SLS cases which are more durable and look like the original SNK cases at the additional cost of £5 (sorry, this is actually less than it costs me to make, though!!).

#514 str0m OFFLINE  

str0m

Space Invader

• 15 posts

Posted Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:25 AM

Over 1000 for me :( bought a couple of "cheap" games off ebay for now :)   scarlett sprite video review on youtube a day or 2 ago looks good

Edited by str0m, Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:26 AM.

#515 F34R OFFLINE  

F34R

Dragonstomper

• 553 posts

Posted Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:09 AM

I'm afraid to pre-order lol.  I don't have a NG Pocket yet, but I'm getting things ready.  ................ break.........  Registered lol.  1066 in the queue.  

#516 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

Quadrunner

• 6,056 posts

Posted Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:39 PM

Looks like a far better design, looks kind of almost milky colored a bit in the video, maybe part of the 3D printing process causing a haze a little?  Kind of wish mine had that style, but I had one of the first off the line.

#517 SainT OFFLINE  

SainT

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,079 posts

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:20 AM

Looks like a far better design, looks kind of almost milky colored a bit in the video, maybe part of the 3D printing process causing a haze a little?  Kind of wish mine had that style, but I had one of the first off the line.

I'd say it's a charcoal or graphite finish / colour. These cases will be available if people with the old style cases wish to upgrade. :)

#518 F34R OFFLINE  

F34R

Dragonstomper

• 553 posts

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:48 PM

Woot, in one day, I'm up 50 spots! lol.  Awesome progress.  I'm searching for a dang system now.

Edited by F34R, Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:49 PM.

#519 F34R OFFLINE  

F34R

Dragonstomper

• 553 posts

Posted Thu May 9, 2019 3:17 PM

I've secured a Pocket Color, so I'm all in with this.  Funds allocated for the flash card.  :)  I'm at 966 spot now.  :)

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users