Photo

Gradius Codes/Secrets

4 replies to this topic

#1 Albert Penello OFFLINE  

Albert Penello

Space Invader

• 13 posts

Posted Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:35 PM

So Ed messed around with the Konami Code which does not do what you'd expect it to do.  :twisted:

Anyone found any codes or hidden secrets in Gradius?

BTW - played the MSX mode for a while last night, and man this game is a miracle of programming and looks fantastic on an F18A system.

The only thing this game demonstrates is that someone needs to kickstarter a decent joypad solution for the CV that isn't a hack. 

#2 phattyboombatty OFFLINE  

phattyboombatty

Stargunner

• 1,183 posts

Posted Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:51 PM

The only thing this game demonstrates is that someone needs to kickstarter a decent joypad solution for the CV that isn't a hack. 

No need for that... Atariguy1021 already perfected the drop-in D-pad solution. He sells a finished product on eBay, or you may want to IM him here. I can attest to the commercial quality of the NTT Data repurposed D-Pads. They transform the ColecoVision into the 21st century (or at least post 1986). :D

#3 opcode OFFLINE  

opcode

River Patroller

• 4,560 posts
  • Bringing new life to your ColecoVision!

Posted Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:58 AM

So Ed messed around with the Konami Code which does not do what you'd expect it to do.  :twisted:

Anyone found any codes or hidden secrets in Gradius?

BTW - played the MSX mode for a while last night, and man this game is a miracle of programming and looks fantastic on an F18A system.

Hey, looks like you got your SGM back after all, as I was actually going to ask you that. Glad you are enjoying your game :)

#4 Albert Penello OFFLINE  

Albert Penello

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts

Posted Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:05 AM

Hey, looks like you got your SGM back after all, as I was actually going to ask you that. Glad you are enjoying your game :)

Yes I did! Thank you and I hope you had (or are having) a good break! 

#5 sega_SHARK OFFLINE  

sega_SHARK

Dragonstomper

• 777 posts

Posted Sun Apr 2, 2017 6:34 AM

anyone else manage to loop this thing yet?

I managed to hit the bonus stages in Stonehenge, Moai and Inverted.  I have no idea how to get past the inverse volcano, so I have to hit that bonus stage.  Cell stage has a bonus level too, but I think you have to kill the first sub boss within two seconds of it turning blue to access it.

IMG_2107_zps9uxxhxrp.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users