IGNORED

nanoPEB .dsk files

sparkdrummer

So lately I've been finding myself connecting one of my nanoPEBs and disconnecting my secondary PEB.

The reason is the ease of loading up a game disk and playing.

Anyway, I thought that a topic that had some .dsk files that were set up with 1600 sectors that will work on a nanoPEB or CF7 could help with people that have them. Since it seems that the nanoPEB has gone back into production there will be more out in the TI world with possibly newbies chomping at the bit for software to load up. (remember when you got your first TI?)

Here is the first one I'll upload - A diskful of programs written by John Behnke. The disk autoloads from Extended Basic. You can make it any Volume you like on the CF card but it must be mounted as DSK1 when you want to play.

JOHNBEHNKE.dsk

If I see that people are interested in this, I'll upload more (I've cobbled together quite a few).

If other nanoPEB users have similar disks put together, why not upload a few?

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

On a related note, do we know if there will be more NanoPEBs built? I'm interested in buying one but ArcadeShopper doesn't seem to have an indication of when more might be in stock.

There are more in the pipeline but the manufacturer is random in his making them available. I buy them when I can and put them up.

Hey all! :-)

Kinda' off topic here, but, here goes...

Just bought a "USB-2-Serial" adapter and it completely DOESN'T work with my Ti99/4a-->NanoPEB--->PC-serial port,...SOOOO...

Is there a particular one (type /Chipset/ model no.) that is SURE to work with my setup? I want to use it on a Linux PC (64-bit Op.Sys) in an "experimental" mode, so, therefore, I need it to be "bulletproof" on my current system (Ti99/4a-->NanoPEB-->PC-serial port (that works with WinXP and Ti99Hdx). Any suggestions, ideas, and, general "user information" would be most helpful and appreciated :-)

Jt

Hey all! :-)

Kinda' off topic here, but, here goes...

Just bought a "USB-2-Serial" adapter and it completely DOESN'T work with my Ti99/4a-->NanoPEB--->PC-serial port,...SOOOO...

Is there a particular one (type /Chipset/ model no.) that is SURE to work with my setup? I want to use it on a Linux PC (64-bit Op.Sys) in an "experimental" mode, so, therefore, I need it to be "bulletproof" on my current system (Ti99/4a-->NanoPEB-->PC-serial port (that works with WinXP and Ti99Hdx). Any suggestions, ideas, and, general "user information" would be most helpful and appreciated :-)

Jt

Most cheap ones are crap and don't have proper signal strength/handshaking.

The best thing to get is one with a FTDI chipset. I prefer this one: https://smile.amazon.com/GearMo-Adapter-Indicators-Windows-Support/dp/B00AHYJWWG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1486424521&sr=8-3&keywords=ftdi+led+rs232

as it has indicator LEDs to tell you when it is actually on and signals are active.

If you don't have a good serial port on the PC, you are wasting your and the rest of our time troubleshooting issues. Imho the best thing to do is get a real serial port if you have a desktop.

Greg