IGNORED

Pro Controllers reaching $300?

cjameslv

They will spike occasionally but once they hit the low $200s a few years back quite a few went on the market. They've been going for $150-$170 loose lately which seems more realistic to ask. Clearly someone really wanted this boxed example and that's all it takes.

Edited by travistouchdown
  • Like 1

I see your inordinately priced pro-controller and raise you an insanely priced Towers II. It's the awesome title of the listing that makes it $500 more than other listings.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Towers-II-Plight-of-the-Stargazer-Atari-Jaguar-NEW-SEALED-GEM-MINT-RARE-/222384821757?hash=item33c72b15fd:g:g14AAOSw-0xYg2kf

But seriously, do these people know how to use the ebay search box :P . I remember when pro-controllers and copies of Towers II were going for about $100, it wasn't that long ago. But like travistouchdown said, the pendulum will swing back the other direction eventually.

• Like 1

I see your inordinately priced pro-controller and raise you an insanely priced Towers II. It's the awesome title of the listing that makes it $500 more than other listings.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Towers-II-Plight-of-the-Stargazer-Atari-Jaguar-NEW-SEALED-GEM-MINT-RARE-/222384821757?hash=item33c72b15fd:g:g14AAOSw-0xYg2kf

But seriously, do these people know how to use the ebay search box :P . I remember when pro-controllers and copies of Towers II were going for about $100, it wasn't that long ago. But like travistouchdown said, the pendulum will swing back the other direction eventually.

Well difference is the controller sold vs that listing is still listed. I was just wondering if that was a normal price now days for a boxed controller?

• Like 1

But the shipping is included - what a bargain!

• Like 2

Well difference is the controller sold vs that listing is still listed. I was just wondering if that was a normal price now days for a boxed controller?

In my opinion, no. Got one of mine for $100 buy it now just a couple of years ago, and I thought that was too much for a controller for a console that many gamers don't care about (Is the demand for pro-controllers really that high now?). This opinion is determined by the amount of money I can spend on these kind of things, and because I have chosen not to buy games/controllers to have them sit on a shelf, but to play them. So, I also measure how much I want to play a game or use a controller (the experience), against the price the seller is asking for. This opinion will be different from person to person. There aren't any set "rules" for determining a normal price for a pro-controller unfortunately.

I keep in mind that there are people out there who will buy a controller for $1000 dollars, if they believed there wasn't any other choice, and they "need" it to finish their collection. If you got to have it, who cares about normal. I am not that kind of person, the cost would outweigh the experience.

Also, paying triple for something that only a few years ago wasn't perceived as rare, and now in a short period of time is "rare", doesn't constitute as normal in my mind. This is just a thought though...

• Like 2

That's nothing compared to this chap... I think this is what I'd call optimistic pricing! It is 'SUPER MEGA RARE' after all....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Sealed-Atari-Jaguar-6-Buttons-Pro-Controller-NTSC-U-Super-Mega-Rare-/162343396222?hash=item25cc6ba37e:g:T3QAAOSwXeJYCkEG

Edited by juansolo
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, glad I bought a pro controller back when Atari was first selling them. I don't think that many games actually took direct advantage of them, did they? They essentially just add buttons that are remapped from the number pad...

I would love a modded Jag controller that has an analog stick rather than a directional pad though. I also bought an adapter off some Amazon seller that will allowe me to hook the Jag controller up to a computer via USB, so I could use it for various emulators. I was tempted to buy one of the white/blue ST Pads, but they also are a bit more than I would like to pay.

Why? I think only Battlesphere supports analog controls and only the earlier Jaguars support analog input. Seems like kind of a useless mod.

Weird, didn't know only the original ones supported analog, I thought they all did.

Regardless, the reasoning would be A) for the STe/Falcon that I have. B) because I could actually use it on my computer. Unlike some, I actually like the Jaguar controller, would love to use it in place of keyboard/mouse on some computer games.