Photo

Mat Mania Challenge

5 replies to this topic

#1 Tempest OFFLINE  

Tempest

Monochrome Martinet

• 25,906 posts

Posted Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:23 PM

I was just listening to the Antic Podcast interview with Bruce Carso (owner of B&C Computers) and he mentioned that he had a Mat Mania Challenge prototype along with some other prototype stuff in his warehouse.  I know he's mentioned it before in the past, but was always too busy to look for it.  Has anyone contacted Bruce about it?  He mentioned a few other protos (Midi Maze, Commando, Xenophobe) but all of those have been released.  Mat Mania is the only one that still remains unseen.  

#2 Supergun OFFLINE  

Supergun

Dragonstomper

• 763 posts

Posted Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:18 PM

Matt, are you talking about 7800 or XE?

#3 Tempest OFFLINE  

Tempest

Monochrome Martinet

• Topic Starter
  • 25,906 posts

Posted Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:20 PM

XE. 7800 version was released.

#4 Mitch OFFLINE  

Mitch

Quadrunner

• 6,433 posts
  • 7800 Guy

Posted Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:54 PM

I remember talking to him about back at one of the CGEs quite a few years ago. I think he said he had some PAL 7800 protos as well.

Mitch

#5 Shawn OFFLINE  

Shawn

Nodus Tollens

• 16,343 posts

Posted Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:10 PM

I was just listening to the Antic Podcast interview with Bruce Carso (owner of B&C Computers) and he mentioned that he had a Mat Mania Challenge prototype along with some other prototype stuff in his warehouse.  I know he's mentioned it before in the past, but was always too busy to look for it.  Has anyone contacted Bruce about it?  He mentioned a few other protos (Midi Maze, Commando, Xenophobe) but all of those have been released.  Mat Mania is the only one that still remains unseen.  

I've asked him a couple times. Closest I ever got was a picture of a box with proto pcbs in it. He doesn't even know what games are on the pcbs. How he couldn't care less is beyond me. From a business sense that is potentially a box full of money. Perhaps he's changed his mind but as recent as a couple years ago that clearly wasn't the case even when I came with an open wallet to find out.

#6 Tempest OFFLINE  

Tempest

Monochrome Martinet

• Topic Starter
  • 25,906 posts

Posted Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:28 PM

I've asked him a couple times. Closest I ever got was a picture of a box with proto pcbs in it. He doesn't even know what games are on the pcbs. How he couldn't care less is beyond me. From a business sense that is potentially a box full of money. Perhaps he's changed his mind but as recent as a couple years ago that clearly wasn't the case even when I came with an open wallet to find out.

Yeah that's the thing I don't understand.  He actually sells copies of these prototypes, why wouldn't he want to locate new ones so he can sell them?  I understand he's a not a prototype historian like me, but from a business standpoint it just doesn't make sense.

• jhd likes this

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users