Photo

Frogz 64 Atari Jaguar game

278 replies to this topic

#276 Welshworrier OFFLINE  

Welshworrier

Chopper Commander

• 155 posts

Posted Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:09 PM

I'm not going to comment on the gameplay any further except to say the graphics style reminded me of something and led me to depositphotos. If graphics have been used off there I hope you've got the enhanced license which allows retail distribution.
E.g. https://depositphoto...us-cartoon.html

https://depositphoto...comparison.html

Edited by Welshworrier, Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:19 PM.

#277 madman OFFLINE  

madman

River Patroller

• 2,315 posts

Posted Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:10 PM

How long have I spent on Frogz? 10 months ! Nearly a year! I fixed everything everyone on here was complaining about. Examples frog chaninging direction, poor sound fx quality, log collisions, strobing frog, black lines around sprites. Everything that was suggested was done up until to the point that it felt like I was making a game for the folks in this thread and not my own game. 

Most would have stopped trying. EVERY SINGLE THING THAT WAS SUGGESTED WAS FIXED. EVERY SINGLE THING.
MULTIPLE DIRECTIONS FACING FROG
BAD SOUNDS
STROBING FROG
BLACK LINES
OBJECT PLACEMENT AND ORDER
DIFFICULTY PROGRSSION YES I ADDED THAT REGARDLESS OF EVERYONE IGNORING THAT FACT
AND IM STILL PUTTING MY PERSONAL TIME IN FIXING THINGS BEFORE I SHIP OUT TO BUYERS.

Jeffrey Johnson, legitimate question, what about fixing bugs angers you so much? We told you about broken sfx and collisions. Your response is that you then felt like you were making a game for us and not your own game? Do you really view fixing obvious flaws in your code takes something away from you? Why is that? Look at CJ's response about how his new project is, he took the input and thought, "well maybe I'm taking the wrong approach here as several people expect different behavior." Your reaction is to get upset when we point out things that can make your game better and more enjoyable for the user. It seems such an odd approach to get mad at people who are trying to help you make a better game. I understand you getting upset at personal attacks, I would too, but to get upset when bugs are pointed out seems counterproductive. 

#278 Jeffrey_Bones OFFLINE  

Jeffrey_Bones

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 695 posts

Posted Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:29 PM

Jeffrey Johnson, legitimate question, what about fixing bugs angers you so much? We told you about broken sfx and collisions. Your response is that you then felt like you were making a game for us and not your own game? Do you really view fixing obvious flaws in your code takes something away from you? Why is that? Look at CJ's response about how his new project is, he took the input and thought, "well maybe I'm taking the wrong approach here as several people expect different behavior." Your reaction is to get upset when we point out things that can make your game better and more enjoyable for the user. It seems such an odd approach to get mad at people who are trying to help you make a better game. I understand you getting upset at personal attacks, I would too, but to get upset when bugs are pointed out seems counterproductive.

Im not mad about the suggestions to the gameplay madman. Im mad about the personal attacks.

#279 Sauron OFFLINE  

Sauron

Quadrunner

• 5,207 posts
  • In the land of Mordor.

Posted Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:33 PM

I agree 100%. New members popping up just to shit on me and my game.

Thats so believable. Lets create an Atari Age account because I just have to speak up. Nice one. Probably Thom

Judging by the administration and network tools for the forum, that user is not someone who has previously posted on AA and their IP is from a legitimate provider.

Anyways, this thread has run its course. Locking as requested.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users