IGNORED

New game requests

DanJayUK

There are clearly some remarkably talented folk on this forum who have the ability to develop new games for the Lynx. One of the big challenges is always going to be coming up with great ideas on what to develop, particularly if you're looking to sell the final result.

So, here is your opportunity to be heard. No one is making any guarantees here but maybe, just maybe, one of the dev guys will like your idea enough to build it. Maybe if a load of great suggestions come out of this we could have some sort of poll to judge interest for any prospective developer :)

• Like 2

Obviously I should start off with an idea likewise:

Great Giana Sisters C64 port. Not an entirely original idea (as it wasn't for them either) but if anything this is better than Mario and would give the Lynx that killer platformer whilst avoiding Mr Nintendo's lawyers!

My £50/$50/50 is waiting :-)

• Like 2

Obviously I should start off with an idea likewise:

Great Giana Sisters C64 port. Not an entirely original idea (as it wasn't for them either) but if anything this is better than Mario and would give the Lynx that killer platformer whilst avoiding Mr Nintendo's lawyers!

My £50/$50/50 is waiting :-)

per hour. sound good.

• Like 3

Tip 1:

Create a 2 player game of cards / fighting like yu gi oh.

Cards can be of magic, trap and characters invented by the programmer.

It would be nice to get the card from the defeated player. from lynx 1 to lynx 2.

You can also play against computer opponents.

Wagic would be fantastic on the Lynx

http://wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/926 Open source, so probably much easier without needing to reverse engineer.

There are clearly some remarkably talented folk on this forum who have the ability to develop new games for the Lynx. One of the big challenges is always going to be coming up with great ideas on what to develop, particularly if you're looking to sell the final result.

So, here is your opportunity to be heard. No one is making any guarantees here but maybe, just maybe, one of the dev guys will like your idea enough to build it. Maybe if a load of great suggestions come out of this we could have some sort of poll to judge interest for any prospective developer :)

I dont think there is a shortage of ideas, its more like a shortage of coders, hehe.

Anyways, how about a JRPG that tells the Tales about Wyverns...

• Like 2

Ports are always easier... :)

I started on reverse engineering Xenon 2 with the intention of doing a Lynx version... got quite a long way with figuring out the enemy patterns and stuff. That would be very cool to have. I think memory would be tight, though, if I remember right! :) I think I was looking at tile flipping to reduce the data set last time I looked at it.

Level 1 tile sheet for the Lynx...

post-37728-0-71797100-1485946025.jpg

Edited by SainT
  • Like 4

Every programm starts with the first line!

Stop making list of games you would like to play on the Lynx.

Start Coding!

Every one can do!

Take a look to "Der Luchs". He could not make a single line of code and he started a few years ago to make games for several systems.

And he is using Assembler with different CPUs and Systems!

• Like 4

Not sure how feasible this is... but I wondered how easy it would be to build some sort of engine/library/framework/template even for text-based adventure games.

Sure, it's not the most exciting format. But, if it's a case of a few different sprite/scenery images etc, and some text files and logic/decision flow (if yes, go to X if no go to Y).

Hikachi's post about "Unseen" had me thinking about this basically when they said about the game engine being done.

That way, I could come up with a story, and different outcomes etc. Then basically static graphics, maybe the odd moving thing, and some music? Not saying that's easy, but... easier?

Long time ago, I posted the code that I used to make Merlain's adventure in Yastuna 1.

Basically, it can handle only one background, but the whole adventure is coded in a text file, using a specific syntax, so is was quite easy to change the adventure or create a new game without C coding skills.

Of course, this was just for tiny games (16kb of text, 200 screens), but it manages inventory and conditions.

I never pushed the engine into a better one (allowing different backgrounds, bigger games,...) and it used the old BLL kit, but if you want to see more, here is the link :

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/128469-lynx-kit-create-you-own-adventure-game-with-nearly-no-programming/

• Like 2