IGNORED

Dreamcast games...

I found my old system from ebay and the games it came with.

http://mvvg.blogspot.com/2017/01/dreamcast-games.html

I think the centipede is full, the rest are demos. Never heard of dreamcast magazine. Was it popular back in the day? And anybody ever play any of the full games listed on the demo covers?

The first centepede is full I think.

The Second is a PC disk with videos on it and haven't tried it yet.

The 3rd one does not say magazine but looks like it has demos on it also.

The 4th one in the clear jewel case says volume 7 on it. Not sure what is on it. Will play later and see.

And the 5th, 6th, and 7th say magazine on it. They all have demos on them.

The 8th one is a internet disk but not sure what its for.

The 9 one is NFL2K. Just the manual and no game.

That is how it cam all these with the dreamcast.

Edited by 0078265317

Yes, those are all Official Dreamcast Magazine demo discs (the ones that are demo discs, that is). ODM was popular among Dreamcast fans as it was the official magazine... like Official PlayStation Magazine or whatever. And you couldn't really get these demos anywhere else.

Most of those demos were released as full games, although I don't remember if they all were. But yeah, I'm sure a lot of people have played/own them. I've played about 90% of them; the rest may have not come out or maybe I just missed them.

The internet disc is just to get you to sign up for AT&T Worldnet. Not sure if that disc has the actual web browser on it or not.

Centipede is the full one as is Football.

The internet disc is useless internet package selling for ATT. Even if you had the legit web browser, it's useless without rigging up a dialtone faking box and DreamPI to do it, though 2.0 does have the awesome sega swirl puzzle game on it (which sega smash pack has too making it still useless to bother with.)

The others were gimmes that were packed in with the Official Dreamcast Magazine much like the PS1 mag did in the day too. All the games are the original titles, but they chop out a lot of content so you can get a tease. The R2R Boxing one would have like 2 or 3 boxers out of the roster of 12 or so it has. It's enough to enjoy it a lot, but then get bored and want to buy the rest at retail.

When I think of Dreamcast games, I think cool, high resolution, state of the art graphics and fun arcade games. Virtual On! Virtual Fighter 3tb! Soul Calibur! Space Channel 5! The House of the Dead 2! The Typing of the Dead!

Then when I remember crap like this,

The internet disc is useless internet package selling for ATT. Even if you had the legit web browser, it's useless without rigging up a dialtone faking box and DreamPI to do it

I remember what a janky old pre-internet thing it was, with its dial-up modem and wires, wires, wires!

I see that Dreamcast-to-SD adapters are plentiful and cheap. Do they work decently?

I remember what a janky old pre-internet thing it was, with it's dial-up modem and wires, wires, wires!

I didn't think it was so bad on the DC the few times I tried it. As far as I remember you could also use your own provider; I never had AT&T, I know that, but I did use the online service for a few games. I remember playing both Unreal Tournament and NFL 2K1 online and they both worked surprisingly well given that it was dialup. I think the games basically just transmitted inputs over the connection, so it wasn't a lot of data. (Though occasionally you'd see jumpiness as the games error-corrected - I lost a game or two of football because my opponent's guy would just warp right through my defense.)

• 2 months later...