IGNORED

Arcade games that need a PSN/Xbox Live/3DS release

D.Daniels

Yeah, actually different graphics and such... different from the 2600 version. I even later found the ROM for MAME. (Didn't download it, though... probably not as fun with only one player and a d-pad)

maybe you should give it a try, doesn't mame have a network play feature so you could get people here to play with you, maybe even setup a thread for a tournament

I went ahead and downloaded it. Just so hard to play without a proper paddle controller. The rom uses either the analog stick of the controller (I'm using my XBox One controller) or the keyboard left and right arrow keys in a non analog control scheme.

When using the controller stick, the shield automatically centers on the corner of the castle thing. Pushing left makes your shield move from the corner to the left and pushing down makes it move from the corner down. But it's like it's on a spring... self centering... so if you want it halfway between the corner and the bottom wall, you kind of have to balance the stick between normal position and halfway down... just makes it really pretty imprecise. I was able to get to the second level, though.

As for the keyboard control... it's not fast enough for one thing. And really, that's the main thing. The fireball moves too fast to get the shield over there in time after just a few bounces... then when you get multiple fireballs? Forget it.

Yeah, just needs a paddle/rotary controller...

I went ahead and downloaded it. Just so hard to play without a proper paddle controller. The rom uses either the analog stick of the controller (I'm using my XBox One controller) or the keyboard left and right arrow keys in a non analog control scheme.

When using the controller stick, the shield automatically centers on the corner of the castle thing. Pushing left makes your shield move from the corner to the left and pushing down makes it move from the corner down. But it's like it's on a spring... self centering... so if you want it halfway between the corner and the bottom wall, you kind of have to balance the stick between normal position and halfway down... just makes it really pretty imprecise. I was able to get to the second level, though.

As for the keyboard control... it's not fast enough for one thing. And really, that's the main thing. The fireball moves too fast to get the shield over there in time after just a few bounces... then when you get multiple fireballs? Forget it.

Yeah, just needs a paddle/rotary controller...

there were analog versions of MAME that let you use a mouse, or trackball.

i have an actual USB spinner, so it works great.

later