Photo

BitsofthePast website is down

32 replies to this topic

#26 _The Doctor__ OFFLINE  

_The Doctor__

River Patroller

• 2,352 posts

Posted Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:05 PM

I miss the complete web page that showed all former products you made as well, I liked reading about them and it also gave hope they may be revisited yet again. It also made identifying your fine work in the wild more fun. Please consider during the revamp.

#27 Dropcheck OFFLINE  

Dropcheck

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,088 posts

Posted Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:59 PM

FYI:

Website is back up.  New look, better and I hope more stable.  Let me know what you think.

#28 _The Doctor__ OFFLINE  

_The Doctor__

River Patroller

• 2,352 posts

Posted Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:35 PM

So far so good, my browser accepted it and noscript as well as ublock allowed it to display.... exceptions added for icons etx also worked. It could use the white background being Atari basic blue or something.... :)

#29 tuf OFFLINE  

tuf

Chopper Commander

• 214 posts

Posted Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:47 AM

Looks good - took a second to see the 'tabs' up in the top image.  Also got a cert error upon hitting the store.

#30 Dropcheck OFFLINE  

Dropcheck

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,088 posts

Posted Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:47 AM

Looks good - took a second to see the 'tabs' up in the top image.  Also got a cert error upon hitting the store.

Yea,  still no SSL certificate option that's free and doesn't have to be renewed every 90 days.  :(

#31 HiassofT OFFLINE  

HiassofT

Stargunner

• 1,002 posts

Posted Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:56 PM

Yea,  still no SSL certificate option that's free and doesn't have to be renewed every 90 days.  :(

Can you run python scripts on your webserver? If yes, I'd recommend having a look at letsencrypt again. I'm using this on several Debian boxes (with the letsencrypt/certbot jessie-backports packages) for about a year now and it's working really great.

No need to pay for any certs, the whole CA system is flawed anyways.

so long,

Hias

#32 _The Doctor__ OFFLINE  

_The Doctor__

River Patroller

• 2,352 posts

Posted Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:09 PM

I went with ESR release of firefox and added exception for the cert on bits page for now. Self cert was discussed already but I like Hias to offer again. :)

Edited by _The Doctor__, Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:12 PM.

#33 Dropcheck OFFLINE  

Dropcheck

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,088 posts

Posted Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:57 PM

Can you run python scripts on your webserver? If yes, I'd recommend having a look at letsencrypt again. I'm using this on several Debian boxes (with the letsencrypt/certbot jessie-backports packages) for about a year now and it's working really great.

No need to pay for any certs, the whole CA system is flawed anyways.

so long,

Hias

I have my hosting with Godaddy.com on their preminum Linux plan.  Not sure if that gives me enough privilege on the shared server though.  :?   I'll look. 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users