Photo

FS: Atari Pro CX-1000 Arcade Joysticks! Atari 7800/2600/C64/SMS

atari joystick Atari Controller C64 Sega Master system Commodore Joystick Controller 7800 2600

68 replies to this topic

#26 AtariBrian OFFLINE  

AtariBrian

River Patroller

• 3,604 posts

Posted Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:01 PM

Is the Pac-Man one a 4-way or 8-way joystick?

I would sure hope it is a 4 way 

#27 Wyluli Wolf OFFLINE  

Wyluli Wolf

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 389 posts

Posted Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:17 AM

Is the Pac-Man one a 4-way or 8-way joystick?

It's an 8-way joystick.  It could be made with a 4 way stick but I'm not sure how much demand there would be as it would limit the games it could be used with.  

I'm willing to make whatever's in demand though ;)

#28 fluxit OFFLINE  

fluxit

Chopper Commander

• 131 posts

Posted Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:49 PM

Having had a couple of play sessions with my Pitfall, I'm quite happy with it.  Never having personally owned 2600 Pitfall!, it didn't seem right to get the stick without the cart, so I picked up a copy of Pitfall! 'blue' on Ebay, and the game arrived on the same day as the joystick.  Response of both stick and buttons is excellent.  I could comfortably prop the case on my lap while playing Pitfall! on the couch.  The cord is ~5 feet long, and I'm using an extension that makes it just about perfect for my setup.

Xevious 7800 feels absolutely perfect with this joystick.  I can easily tap the fire button with my index and middle finger much faster than the game will use input, while effortlessly dropping bombs between targets with my ring finger.  After a couple of rounds I found that I needed to jam the case between my knees in order to keep it stable once I was in the groove(at which point I tend to unconsciously use excessive force, regardless of stick size or construction,) but that wasn't a big issue, nor did it cause discomfort for me with this stick.

The paint job, though not absolutely perfect, is beautiful.  Construction is fine.  The components used are excellent.  My initial impression is that I would give the stick an 8 out 10.  It comes very close to a 9.  I definitely don't regret my purchase.

Thanks Wyluli Wolf.

The better response of this joystick also inspired me to tune my frankensteined twin stick Saitek Megamaster VI(modified for use with PC and Atari.) I reduced the required stick travel and the spring tension(although I really need a finer spring) on both sticks for quicker response and less fatigue.

Edited by fluxit, Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:59 PM.

#29 TrekMD OFFLINE  

TrekMD

River Patroller

• 3,845 posts

Posted Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:55 PM

Wow, these look fantastic!

#30 Wyluli Wolf OFFLINE  

Wyluli Wolf

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 389 posts

Posted Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:42 AM

Having had a couple of play sessions with my Pitfall, I'm quite happy with it.  Never having personally owned 2600 Pitfall!, it didn't seem right to get the stick without the cart, so I picked up a copy of Pitfall! 'blue' on Ebay, and the game arrived on the same day as the joystick.  Response of both stick and buttons is excellent.  I could comfortably prop the case on my lap while playing Pitfall! on the couch.  The cord is ~5 feet long, and I'm using an extension that makes it just about perfect for my setup.

Xevious 7800 feels absolutely perfect with this joystick.  I can easily tap the fire button with my index and middle finger much faster than the game will use input, while effortlessly dropping bombs between targets with my ring finger.  After a couple of rounds I found that I needed to jam the case between my knees in order to keep it stable once I was in the groove(at which point I tend to unconsciously use excessive force, regardless of stick size or construction,) but that wasn't a big issue, nor did it cause discomfort for me with this stick.

The paint job, though not absolutely perfect, is beautiful.  Construction is fine.  The components used are excellent.  My initial impression is that I would give the stick an 8 out 10.  It comes very close to a 9.  I definitely don't regret my purchase.

Thanks Wyluli Wolf.

The better response of this joystick also inspired me to tune my frankensteined twin stick Saitek Megamaster VI(modified for use with PC and Atari.) I reduced the required stick travel and the spring tension(although I really need a finer spring) on both sticks for quicker response and less fatigue.

Thank you for the review.  I'm glad you like it!   :thumbsup:

#31 Wyluli Wolf OFFLINE  

Wyluli Wolf

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 389 posts

Posted Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:58 AM

Special Edition Donkey Kong controller added to top post!

#32 Wyluli Wolf OFFLINE  

Wyluli Wolf

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 389 posts

Posted Wed Mar 8, 2017 10:01 AM

Q-bert controller ready to go if anyone is interested.

Going to try to add a video of one of the joysticks in action this week.

Edited by Wyluli Wolf, Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:44 AM.

#33 Wyluli Wolf OFFLINE  

Wyluli Wolf

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 389 posts

Posted Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:32 AM

Top post updated.

#34 Wyluli Wolf OFFLINE  

Wyluli Wolf

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 389 posts

Posted Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:32 PM

Picture is a bit dim but here is a demo of the Atari Pro CX-1000 Arcade Joystick!

https://youtu.be/0KPjN-yAEDI

Edited by Wyluli Wolf, Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:15 PM.

#35 Wyluli Wolf OFFLINE  

Wyluli Wolf

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 389 posts

Posted Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:45 AM

Go Pro!   :-D

#36 Wyluli Wolf OFFLINE  

Wyluli Wolf

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 389 posts

Posted Thu Apr 6, 2017 5:50 PM

Initial post updated.  New projects in the works.

#37 Wyluli Wolf OFFLINE  

Wyluli Wolf

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 389 posts

Posted Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:24 AM

Updated.

#38 Virtua_ben OFFLINE  

Virtua_ben

Combat Commando

• 9 posts

Posted Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:10 PM

PM'd

#39 Wyluli Wolf OFFLINE  

Wyluli Wolf

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 389 posts

Posted Thu May 4, 2017 2:26 PM

May the Fourth be with You!   :jango:

#40 G-type OFFLINE  

G-type

Moonsweeper

• 351 posts

Posted Mon May 8, 2017 1:27 PM

I'm definitely interested, but I can't decide if I want to get the standard or right side configuration

#41 Wyluli Wolf OFFLINE  

Wyluli Wolf

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 389 posts

Posted Mon May 22, 2017 9:23 AM

Will be unable to take/make anymore joystick orders until June 3rd.

I do have one standard black edition,  one standard white edition and a Pitfall with yellow buttons ready to ship.  If interested in any of these 3 send a PM before the 26th and I can get one shipped.

Thank you to those who have placed orders thus far.

I shall post again upon my return!

:waving:

Edited by Wyluli Wolf, Mon May 22, 2017 9:28 AM.

#42 Wyluli Wolf OFFLINE  

Wyluli Wolf

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 389 posts

Posted Mon Jun 5, 2017 7:33 PM

Back at last!  Was starting to wonder if I would ever get home.  Anyway, if anyone would like to place an order we are back in business!

Thanks.

#43 RamrodHare OFFLINE  

RamrodHare

Dragonstomper

• 584 posts
  • Lost in Time.

Posted Tue Jun 6, 2017 9:15 PM

Would you consider selling a kit?  I enjoy painting and assembling things myself, but I HATE sourcing and buying parts, so a kit would be great.

#44 eightbit OFFLINE  

eightbit

River Patroller

• 3,453 posts

Posted Wed Jun 7, 2017 4:07 PM

PM sent regarding the Commodore joystick!

#45 Wyluli Wolf OFFLINE  

Wyluli Wolf

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 389 posts

Posted Thu Jun 8, 2017 9:06 AM

Would you consider selling a kit?  I enjoy painting and assembling things myself, but I HATE sourcing and buying parts, so a kit would be great.

It's an interesting thought.  It would not save much money doing it yourself but the "fun" of customizing it yourself may be more of what you are after.  It might be doable but you would have to provide your own wire/solder.  PM me.  Let me know which design you are interested in building and I'll see what parts and numbers I can come up with for you.

*****Crunched some numbers and looks like I could sell a kit for the Atari Joystick for $55 + shipping.

This would include pre-drilling holes in the box if desired and stripping/testing/labeling the cable for easy install.****

Edited by Wyluli Wolf, Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:31 AM.

#46 Dropzone OFFLINE  

Dropzone

Combat Commando

• 7 posts

Posted Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:26 PM

Do the buttons make a clicking sound when pressed? Like with microswitches... I like that sound :-)

#47 Wyluli Wolf OFFLINE  

Wyluli Wolf

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 389 posts

Posted Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:13 AM

Do the buttons make a clicking sound when pressed? Like with microswitches... I like that sound :-)

The joystick and buttons use micro-switches...so...Yep!   ;-)

#48 Wyluli Wolf OFFLINE  

Wyluli Wolf

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 389 posts

Posted Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:00 AM

Updated initial post.

#49 Breakpack OFFLINE  

Breakpack

Breakpack for the new millenium :D

• 4,274 posts
  • Collecting again....:)

Posted Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:29 AM

So the 2 button joystick uses 2 independent fire buttons for the 7800? Can they be custom as to what order button 1 and button 2 are? Also, do you get more demand for the left handed joysticks? I prefer a 2 button right handed joystick. 

#50 Wyluli Wolf OFFLINE  

Wyluli Wolf

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 389 posts

Posted Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:47 AM

So the 2 button joystick uses 2 independent fire buttons for the 7800? Can they be custom as to what order button 1 and button 2 are? Also, do you get more demand for the left handed joysticks? I prefer a 2 button right handed joystick. 

The button's could be reversed if one desired.  Here is how they are normally ordered:

buttonorder.jpg

Left handed seems to be the most popular but I have had a few orders for right handed sticks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: atari joystick, Atari Controller, C64, Sega Master system, Commodore, Joystick, Controller, 7800, 2600

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users