IGNORED

Cruisn Exotica machine help

Vidiot1981

Hope this is the right place as I've never posted a topic but I could use some input. I have a Cruisn Exotica machine that seems to have a bad jamma connection. Usually I have to adjust the jamma harness every time to get it working and most of the time the sound won't come on unless I find the "sweet spot". Does anyone here know how I can permanently fix this issue?

Check to be sure the pins aren't crushed in or broke. I use a dental tool or scribe to pull them out slightly in order to make better contact. IF the pins are brittle or oxidized, may just snap off once you start poking around and will need to be replaced of course. Also be sure to clean both the board's edge connector and the Jamma connector pins themselves.

Sure, just be sure to fully wipe clean though. Maybe take some rubbing alcohol to the pins and contacts after you're done to ensure the Brasso is completely gone before plugging in. Might have conductive properties. I use a true contact cleaner that dissipates whenever I need to clean things like this.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=DeOxit

This CRC stuff is good too on a budget:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Electrical+contact+cleaner