IGNORED

Ups - I did it! (Oops for the US)

Mister-VCS

Not surprisingly, China is already cloning the FC and NES Mini's.

However, they seem to just be a NOAC inside a smaller shell, as there's no HD capabilities.

Haven't there been NES clones inside miniature shells for many years now, before the NES Classic Mini? If those you mention are NOACs without HD, I would suppose it is the same design that already has been available for a long while, but since you live closer to the region and are in the business yourself, I suppose you're keeping a closer watch on this than I do.

It raises the question how many people looking for a real Nintendo unit will get fooled by a pirate knock-off, in particular if the price is affordable. It might cause even more outcry in the NES community than Nintendo stopping manufacture (if they do, that is).

Haven't there been NES clones inside miniature shells for many years now, before the NES Classic Mini? If those you mention are NOACs without HD, I would suppose it is the same design that already has been available for a long while, but since you live closer to the region and are in the business yourself, I suppose you're keeping a closer watch on this than I do.

It raises the question how many people looking for a real Nintendo unit will get fooled by a pirate knock-off, in particular if the price is affordable. It might cause even more outcry in the NES community than Nintendo stopping manufacture (if they do, that is).

That's possible, yet I haven't seen any. I know the NOAC boards are quite small, so it's feasible.

However, this one is a special case of cloning, as they've actually cloned the box design and general advertising in a sense. I may pick it up and try it out.