Collector's and Classic Editions - BRAND NEW games

88 replies to this topic

#76 Duddie OFFLINE  

Duddie

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 102 posts

Posted Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:14 AM

SALE! Collector's Edition, last pieces left. Whole set of 10 titles on tapes - 75 USD only, it is much lower than production cost. Diskettes - 10 USD per title, but not all are available, some are out of stock. Last chance to buy them cheaply!

#77 Duddie OFFLINE  

Duddie

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 102 posts

Posted Sun Oct 1, 2017 2:59 AM

Interesting review of my games here:

Thanks Nir!

#78 Swami OFFLINE  

Swami

Dragonstomper

• 862 posts

Posted Sun Oct 1, 2017 11:02 AM

SALE! Collector's Edition, last pieces left. Whole set of 10 titles on tapes - 75 USD only, it is much lower than production cost. Diskettes - 10 USD per title, but not all are available, some are out of stock. Last chance to buy them cheaply!

"Whole set of 10 titles on tape - 75 USD only" Are these the new 10 (tapes 21-30) with Trix and Special forces? I thought the Collector's Edition had 20 tapes + 10 new ones. Could you clarify? Thanks!

#79 Swami OFFLINE  

Swami

Dragonstomper

• 862 posts

Posted Sun Oct 1, 2017 11:31 AM

I am also confused by the packaging. Description and some pictures show tapes coming only with small plastic case and cassette, but others show tape in larger box with large map. How will the cassette sets arrive? Thank you.

#80 Duddie OFFLINE  

Duddie

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 102 posts

Posted Mon Oct 2, 2017 12:54 AM

Collector's Edition consists only of 10 titles (1-10). Others have been released in jewel boxes as a Classic Edition.

Now, my plans are to continue Classic Edition for up to 100 or more titles (tapes), and new Collector's Edition as a disk version in bigger jewel boxes, with maps included. Photo comparing both attached.

Attached Thumbnails

• new disk plus tape.jpg

#81 Swami OFFLINE  

Swami

Dragonstomper

• 862 posts

Posted Mon Oct 2, 2017 1:48 PM

Just placed on order for the collector's edition on tape and a few on disk.

#82 Duddie OFFLINE  

Duddie

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 102 posts

Posted Tue Oct 3, 2017 6:35 AM

Thanks to all, who have placed orders!

BTW: new license purchased: Krysal Software company and its famous games f.e. Najemnik will be released!

Attached Thumbnails

• Najemnik.png

#83 Swami OFFLINE  

Swami

Dragonstomper

• 862 posts

Posted Tue Oct 3, 2017 8:43 AM

Bumping this thread. It may not be clear, but the Retronics releases are vital because of the packaging. Each of the titles has, as a pack-in,  large gaming maps, which means that you won't have to have pieces of paper with cryptic handwriting scattered around you while you play. They're large and colourful and extremely well made, and the quality of the rest of the packaging materials let you know that this is a 'premium' release. In addition, Operation Blood comes on a red floppy. 

Having played all the games, I can say that Klatwa and Władcy ciemności do not play well on NTSC machines. I haven't had a problem with the rest of the "Collector's Edition" games, although I do get a very occasional (and minor) graphic glitch with Hans Kloss. I'm not sure if this is an issue with PAL computers as well.

Must haves, and the best of Atari gaming in general: Miecze ValdgiraOperation BloodHans KlossFred, and Kult

New titles in Classic tape versions will be ready in 2 weeks. Also Classic disk versions may be available if there is any interest.

Any word on how games 11-30 (classic edition on tape) work on NTSC machines?

#84 IndusGT OFFLINE  

IndusGT

Moonsweeper

• 353 posts

Posted Tue Oct 3, 2017 8:57 AM

just placed an order as well of all collector's edition, some tape, some disk.

Here's Hoping Rockman from Mirage will make the collector's version!

#85 baktra OFFLINE  

baktra

Moonsweeper

• 378 posts

Posted Tue Oct 3, 2017 12:16 PM

Thanks to all, who have placed orders!

BTW: new license purchased: Krysal Software company and its famous games f.e. Najemnik will be released!

Just out of curiosity, does the license allow you to distribute turbo tapes, or is it just the same with other licenses - release as is ?

#86 Duddie OFFLINE  

Duddie

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 102 posts

Posted Wed Oct 4, 2017 3:38 AM

@Swami: let me check.  I will be back with information.

@IndusGT: Rockman is on my list and is being prepared.

@baktra: there are two problems: first - I should remove copy protection schemes, what may cause some problems with the game itself, if done improperly. Second - which turbo system should I choose? There are many.

#87 baktra OFFLINE  

baktra

Moonsweeper

• 378 posts

Posted Wed Oct 4, 2017 4:45 AM

@baktra: there are two problems: first - I should remove copy protection schemes, what may cause some problems with the game itself, if done improperly. Second - which turbo system should I choose? There are many.

Omicron Turbo, of course :-). But seriously, I understand what the problem is with the copy protection. You don't want to cripple the games by removing it. Anyway, the point here is to get  a true original game in a top quality package.

#88 Duddie OFFLINE  

Duddie

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 102 posts

Posted Sat Oct 7, 2017 9:41 AM

Next ten titles (31-40) are being prepared. First three are ready.

Attached Thumbnails

• 4th_series_1.png

#89 Duddie OFFLINE  

Duddie

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 102 posts

Posted Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:21 AM

30 titles together look like on photos. Next ten will be ready soon, including famous Robbo and Misja from LK Avalon. 40 in total, and this is not the end!

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_2186.jpg
  • DSC_2187.jpg
  • DSC_2190.jpg
  • DSC_2191.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users