IGNORED

Atari 2600 POP

jeffrond

Hi Jeff,

I did not know you started a thread on AA.. that set up looks like the one on my sears panel, which is a bit different (wires, connectors) then the Atari ones. hard to tell from your picture but it looks like buttons are the same.

I'm having a hard time getting to my power supply (it's well blocked off for me to get to) or I would be able to answer that question from your e-mail. maybe Jose or Lee will be able to answer this question.

Rick

I asked 3 of my friends and I just heard back from one right now. (still waiting to hear from the others to 100% confirm)

this was his answer:

I believe it is the same as the atari 800 ps... same as the disc drive.. AC.. not DC.

if I hear from the others I'll let you know..

Rick

I asked 3 of my friends and I just heard back from one right now. (still waiting to hear from the others to 100% confirm)

this was his answer:

I believe it is the same as the atari 800 ps... same as the disc drive.. AC.. not DC.

if I hear from the others I'll let you know..

Rick

Lee and Jose confirmed it's this.. (Thanks Guys!)

Rick

I'm interested in finding one of these setups. how did you come acrossed it may I ask :)

great pics

If you are asking me, it has been 25 years since I put it in storage. I bought it years ago and I think it was from a local pawn shop that is now out of business. But my mind is pretty fuzzy on that.

• 1 year later...

Ok, I am starting to work on this again and I need help. I bought an old $5 TV from the thrift shop, and plugged it in. Initially I had static on the screen. I noticed some of the legs on the processor chips were crusty. I popped out the chips and cleaned the legs. Now I get an all black screen. sometimes on power up I get a few blue/green horizontal lines.

At this point I was thinking it was the POP rom chip. I removed that and tried to read it on a Minipro TL866A programmer. I tried to load that in an emulator and nothing. Black screen. Any ideas if this programmer will really read an Atari rom chip?

I popped out another game chip from the board and tried to read that, but I get absolutely nothing when I try and read that. No data at all!

I would like to make sure I am reading chips properly, then I would like to compare my POP chip rom with someone elses rom to make sure I didn't have bit damage.

Thanks,

Jeff