IGNORED

Recommended Joystick ?

Shift838

I just tried using a sega genesis gamepad with the wico atari-ti99 adapter and it doesn't seem to work, the adaptor works fine with the Wico Command Control stick.

Me too and same result. But I rewired the entire thing to be a TI compatible 6 button gamepad and it works pretty damn good now. :)

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/266308-6-button-gamepad-for-the-ti-994a/?hl=%2Bbutton&do=findComment&comment=3776672

• Like 1

For me, Sega controller compatibility seems also to be determined to a meaningful extent on a per-game basis, using the Wico TI->Atari adapter. Results being

Sega Master System Controller: Works in all games as desired.

Sega OEM 6-Button: Hasn't worked in any games.

Hori Mega Commander (third party 6-button): Hasn't worked in any games.

Sega 6-Button Arcade Power Stick: Works in some games, and not in others. It's all or nothing. Fully functional, or nothing at all.

Sega OEM 3-Button: Some buttons function, other do not. Up and Down function, Left and Right do not, for example.

Presently, I'm using the Arcade Power Stick where it works, and the Master System gamepad everywhere else.

My 6 button gamepad works on the TI with all 6 buttons (for single player only) and no adaptor required. :)

*However, the other 5 buttons (since they are the player 2 controls) will only work with games (Zero so far) that are developed for it but utilizing player 2 controls as additions for player 1.

• Like 1