IGNORED

SNES Cartridge Flap Reassembly

GranTorino551

Hello. First time writer, long time reader.

Recently, a friend gave me a non-working early model SNES to try to repair. One deep cleaning and sound module transplant later, it was good as new. The problem arose when I went to reassemble the unit. All the parts fit right back into place as they should except for the cartridge flap. I can't seem to get the spring that holds the flap up in place correctly. I re-watched the guides I used to disassemble the unit multiple times and I can't see what I'm doing wrong. No matter what I do, I can't put the spring on in a way that holds the door up like it should.

I've attached a few photos for reference. I apologize in advance if the answer is so simple, you all question my higher brain function.

post-51300-0-86440700-1486902075_thumb.jpg

post-51300-0-74041600-1486902087_thumb.jpg

post-51300-0-61338800-1486902081_thumb.jpg

Hello. First time writer, long time reader.

Recently, a friend gave me a non-working early model SNES to try to repair. One deep cleaning and sound module transplant later, it was good as new. The problem arose when I went to reassemble the unit. All the parts fit right back into place as they should except for the cartridge flap. I can't seem to get the spring that holds the flap up in place correctly. I re-watched the guides I used to disassemble the unit multiple times and I can't see what I'm doing wrong. No matter what I do, I can't put the spring on in a way that holds the door up like it should.

I've attached a few photos for reference. I apologize in advance if the answer is so simple, you all question my higher brain function.

Still stumped on this? I believe one end of the spring slides under that groove and that main support holds it in place. If you're still confused, I can take one apart tonight to refresh my memory and get back with you.

Still stumped on this? I believe one end of the spring slides under that groove and that main support holds it in place. If you're still confused, I can take one apart tonight to refresh my memory and get back with you.

I know the long end fits into that groove, but the problem arises when trying to figure out where the smaller end goes. It seems to just stick out like a sore thumb. If you could take yours apart and post photos/videos, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I know the long end fits into that groove, but the problem arises when trying to figure out where the smaller end goes. It seems to just stick out like a sore thumb. If you could take yours apart and post photos/videos, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Here are some pictures "as installed" on one of my cases. I pulled it away a little on the last image, and you can see for sure the longer end slides under the top pieces that snaps in. It's really hard to explain, but I hope this helps.

Underside:

DSC08773.jpg

Top:

DSC08774.jpg

Pulled away some on the underside:

DSC08775.jpg