IGNORED

Finally got a CoCo SDC :) what are some good games to try on the CoCo 2?

Iwantgames:)

Loving this little gizmo so far :) I've only tried a few games so far but it's super easy to use :)

Any recommendations for games for me to try? Also I found a demo version of a game called fahrfall, does anyone know where I can get the full version? Thx

Talk to John Linvile to get Fahrfall...

I like a Puzzle Game. Photon...

I am Pretty Sure it works on the CoCo 2...

MarkO

Edited by MarkO
  • Like 1

Loving this little gizmo so far :) I've only tried a few games so far but it's super easy to use :)

Any recommendations for games for me to try? Also I found a demo version of a game called fahrfall, does anyone know where I can get the full version? Thx

This is a good place to check potential games of interest out: http://www.lcurtisboyle.com/nitros9/coco_game_list.html

A lot of the action games, particularly when they're not specifically for the CoCo 3, can be sluggish and have poor audio-visuals, but there are definitely gems in there.

• Like 1

What's your RAM size, and which BASIC does your system have (Color BASIC or Extended Color BASIC....I think Disk Extended Color BASIC only came in ROM on the CoCo3)?

The Disk BASIC is part of the Disk Interface...

MarkO

• Like 1

I got 64k and extended color basic

You're ready to rock and roll, then. :) Some of my favorites:

Zaxxon

Shock Trooper

Whirlybird Run

Galax Attax

Robotack

Time Bandit

Microbes (hint: use the keyboard)

Clowns & Balloons

Temple of Rom

Canyon Climber

Protectors

Androne

Note that only a few of these require more than 16K, but with 64K you don't even have to think about it.

Speaking of Fahrfall, I happen to have a copy listed on eBay at the moment:

www.ebay.com/itm/Sealed-NIB-Fahrfall-game-for-Tandy-Color-Computer-/182463141244

Beyond that, feel free to reach-out to me to get a copy. There will likely be copies available at CoCoFEST! as well...

I bid on that actually, but I didn't know how much they usually go for and I've been outbid

I actually have a copy of Evan Wright's "Flood It!" game in one of those red shells. Bought it from Evan at VCF Midwest back in September when my wife got addicted to it at his booth :P. I don't think he even distributed the game on cart (only .dsk file I think?), he just made a couple--no labels or anything--to be able to demo the game at the convention. But he was kind enough to sell me one of his "prototype/demo" cartridges. And while it doesn't qualify as a "released" cart, it's fun to be able to say the only other person in the world (that I know of) who has one is the creator himself. :-D

• Like 1

BassQuitari -- enjoy that while you can! We are planning to have boxed cartridges with custom labels available at CoCoFEST!

16707316_10211941081021689_2510629242584

D'oh! lol :lol: Can I at least still say I have a prototype? :P

That's a good-looking package. I've never been to a CoCoFest before but I'd really like to go. Trouble is it's two weeks after Midwest Gaming Classic (where I am a museum exhibitor) and it's tough getting off work again so soon after. Hopefully I can at least make it down for the afternoon on Saturday.

Edited by BassGuitari
  • Like 2

Zaxxon

Shock Trooper

Whirlybird Run

Galax Attax

Robotack

Time Bandit

Microbes (hint: use the keyboard)

Clowns & Balloons

Temple of Rom

Canyon Climber

Protectors

Androne

Note that only a few of these require more than 16K, but with 64K you don't even have to think about it.

Here are a few more I recommend:

Gazon (note: use the Break key to get to menu screen from intro and after game over)

Guardian

Flying Tigers

Popcorn

Starship Chameleon

Doubleback

Juno

Project Nebula

Colorpede

I have a feeling that Flood It! will be one of those games that a few people absolutely love and some people "just dont get it".

That described me at first, I have to admit. It's definitely not intuitive and requires some explanation (actually, even trying to explain how to play is challenging! :-D). But then, yeah, once you get it, it's incredibly addictive. I'm happy to say I've actually come up with a pretty good strategy for winning the game, as well--I can probably win four out of five games now, at least. My challenge now is fewest possible moves!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...