IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 10 Round 2 Kaboom!

zylon

Our game for round 2 is Kaboom!. Play on default of large paddles. Do not use A8 version. Emulation is fine as are custom controls. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records.

Round ends Sunday, March 5th 2017 @9pm EST

Current HSC record: Bust it for a bonus point!

Kaboom! - (Large Paddles)
zylon 26,958
Final scores:
5,896 Northcoastgamer +11
3,761 zylon +10
3,750 sdamon +9
2,645 Nuclear Pacman +8
1,971 atariron82 +7
1,865 RangerG +6
520 MrBubble +5
463 Cafeman +4
165 roadrunner +3
99 jblenkle +2

Kaboom!.BIN

Edited by zylon

I wonder why my background is orange? It should be green, right? I used a cart and the multicart and it is orange on both, so does this mean it is my monitor? But, adjusting it makes it different shades of orange. Could it be the console -- any ideas?

Mine starts out green as it should, but after a few games it changes to darkening shades of red. Almost a brick red. My voltage regulator is failing and I have replacements on the way.

Incidentally, I am playing sparingly until it is repaired. This started during the last round. :(

Anyways, I got a 790 with regular stick.

post-25215-0-47014800-1487797295_thumb.jpg

post-25215-0-88439000-1487797302_thumb.jpg

Edited by zylon
  • Like 1

I'm really starting to hate this game! I put a couple of hours into it this week, and was not able to improve my score that I recorded last Friday! I played off and on all week a little bit each night to no avail. I can attest that having a paddle controller is no guarantee of success. I keep getting stuck at the 7 point scoring stage, I simply cannot make it past that without losing a bucket, and then its all downhill from there. (yes I know the stage 6 scoring strategy). I feel like if I could just once cruise through level 7, I could be competing for the top spot in this round.

One of the annoying quirks about the design of this game is the fact that the game is harder when you die. Yes, you go back one stage, but you lost a bucket in doing so, AND you also score fewer points by regressing a level, making it harder to get to the next 1000 point free bucket. The end result is that the game is over real quick once you lose your first bucket.