Photo

jzIntv Keyboard Hackfile for Win10 Vision-Daptor?

emulation keyboard intellivision config cfg

3 replies to this topic

#1 First Spear OFFLINE  

First Spear

Stargunner

• 1,080 posts

Posted Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:23 PM

Hey all. I am struggling with the right Keyboard Hackfile needed to run with jzIntv on Windows 10. 

I pulled a working controller and Nurmix converter cable from my Intellivision II and connected to a Vision-Daptor.  Windows does detect it, but it does not like the NE direction for some reason. 

When I launch jzIntv, the side buttons map to East and West direction, no keys register properly. I tried Swords and Serpents, Cloudy Mountain,Star Strike, Stunt Cycle. The keys are all jacked up.

So I think that part of my problem is a bad key hackfile... Can anyone share a working version?

I did try to get something from https://retropie.org...-not-working/14and http://www.intellivision.us/intvgames/interface/hackfile.cfg

Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

• va.jpg

#2 mr_me ONLINE  

mr_me

Stargunner

• 1,989 posts

Posted Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:49 PM

You have to have it working correctly in the Windows Game Controller Test window first.  If its not working there, no hackfile will help.

If its a flashback controller and a nurmix flashback converter cable then the Vision-daptor should be set for regular Intellivision.  If its a flashback controller only, than the Vision-daptor should be set for Intellivision flashback.

edit:

There's two general types of jzintv hackfiles for intellivision usb adaptors; those where the keypad starts at the fourth button and those where the keypad starts at the ninth button.

Edited by mr_me, Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:24 PM.

#3 intvsteve ONLINE  

intvsteve

River Patroller

• 2,724 posts

Posted Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:58 PM

Actually, this brings a question... Is there a respository of "canonical" hackfiles for the various peripherals? Or is such a thing even possible?

#4 fdr4prez OFFLINE  

fdr4prez

Stargunner

• 1,370 posts

Posted Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:30 PM

Raphnet, Retronic, Ultimate PC Interface adapters all have the proper hackfile on their respective sites.

The Vision-dapter uses the same hackfile as the UPCI.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: emulation, keyboard, intellivision, config, cfg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users