IGNORED

Game Competition Structure Suggestions Request

ChefPepper

Hey! I want to run a fun game event at my work. Something with quick rounds where people play for 5 minutes or less, get a score of some kind, then I can either create a ladder where there's a playoff at the end or their scores stand alone for comparison.

For example:

• Ms. Pac-Man, Mission-X, BurgerTime: How far can you get on 1 life? Max score wins (no playoff needed).
  • Sharp Shot: Max score in a single round

Has anyone run one of these types of events before? Any suggestions for the best way to sign people up and keep track of scores? The less formal for the participants, the better - I don't want people to have to "sign up" for slots.

ZillaRUSH has run a few of these. For example, he ran a league for Frog Bog and then for Super Pro Baseball.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/255904-how-about-a-frog-bog-league-fbl/

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/259278-super-pro-baseball-league-one-game-season/

Look at how he ran them (ex: requiring photos of the player's score with a phrase-of-the-week, setting up the rules beforehand, etc, etc).

How about 2-player head to head games. You can set up a tournament everyone plays two or three different opponents. You setup the matchups. Then take the top eight or whatever players and have a knock-out elimination tournament.

Or you can set-up something along the lines of a tennis ladder where people challenge someone above them on the ladder.

I suggest "Bi-planes". Other games could be Snafu, Frog Bog, Stadium Mud Buggies, and there's a Shark! Shark! mod/hack that would work nicely as well. Anything but Sharp Shot.