IGNORED

DEAL: SanDisk Ultra 200GB Micro SD (Amazon)

CPUWIZ

Only works today, coupon code: BIGTHANKS (apply at checkout, do not use 1click).

Final price: $61.32 (if you don't have Prime, you'll have to add shipping)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V62XBQQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=tbdirect-20&ascsubtag=7ef546c7-c3c1-4462-9874-43ef6b7e1d93

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip! I received that code this morning, too, but I would have forgotten about it if I hadn't seen it again here.

I didn't choose to spend it on one of those SD cards, but I have to say ... as much as I use flash storage every day, it still amazes me that it's possible to get so much data onto such a tiny flake of silicon, inside a plastic chip the size of a fingernail.

• Like 1

200GB is an odd size for these cards, given how the companies have generally stuck to powers of two. I can't help but wonder if there was some situation like a batch of 256GB cards getting manufactured improperly that still proved usable up to 200GB.

Like some of the 768MB video cards that are actually 1GB with some dead ram on them? :(

200GB giga shock! They're trying to round it up to look cooler. It's not a bad deal and it's one of the better for read/write out too. Personally though for price and fastest speeds both ways the Samsung Evo+ is the way to go. 128GB is like around $40-45 and the new 256GB is around $140. If it's something you want to lease games from Nintendo and put on there instead of buying physical media I'd think the read/write speeds should be most important over cost within reason.