IGNORED

Lookin for info on Atari 2600 Factory Reconditioned Units

Puddinlite

I recently picked up a 6-switch reconditioned unit and had some questions. From what I've seen (which isn't much, I had to resort to scrolling through completed ebay listings just to find decent pics of these) they all have had the switches replaced. They have shiny switches like the 4-switch promo models. So I was wondering if they were basically recalled for bad switches, fixed and sent back into the world, or what? Also from what I've seen they still had their original SN stickers on them with an extra sticker saying 'Factory Reconditioned' on it, but mine's different. They carved 'recon' into in the same lettering they did the 'not for resale' with on the 4-switch promos, but I also don't have the right SN sticker on mine. It's got a CX-2600A SN which is for 4-switches. So I'm assuming some dude tasked with changing the switches accidentally drop-kicked my unit and had to replace the bottom of the case. He was probably hoping no one would notice the 4-switch SN on a distinctly 6-switch bottom. I was just wondering what all they got sent back for and if anyone else had one that was goofed up hilariously.

On a side note, the top of the case is different then my other light sixer. The slats are spaced just a hair differently. Did they do a few different runs of the top of the case?

post-51829-0-16612700-1487964057_thumb.jpg

post-51829-0-04394000-1487964081_thumb.jpg