Photo

SGM + Expansion module 2

10 replies to this topic

#1 LutzfromOz ONLINE  

LutzfromOz

Space Invader

• 33 posts

Posted Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:08 PM

Im pretty late on the whole super game module, but if i had a wish it would be for outrun on the sgm with exp mod 2 support, or more racers for the sgm with Exp mod 2 support, im kicking myself for missing out on Segas hangon by collectorvision

#2 phoenixdownita OFFLINE  

phoenixdownita

River Patroller

• 2,694 posts

Posted Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:44 PM

.... im kicking myself for missing out on Segas hangon by collectorvision

I am not sure if it does support the driving wheel, but a bike game ain't right with wheel and pedal accelerator.

So told it's a port of the SG1000 or MSX and the SG1000 version can be played on SMS + MasterED (slightly wrong palette) if you really feel the itch ... I know "blasphemy" in a CV thread but to be fair the SG1000 is the same HW.

#3 LutzfromOz ONLINE  

LutzfromOz

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 33 posts

Posted Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:00 PM

I am not sure if it does support the driving wheel, but a bike game ain't right with wheel and pedal accelerator.

So told it's a port of the SG1000 or MSX and the SG1000 version can be played on SMS + MasterED (slightly wrong palette) if you really feel the itch ... I know "blasphemy" in a CV thread but to be fair the SG1000 is the same HW.

oh most def, you wouldn't wanna play a bike game on a wheel, sorry I didn't mean to side track, I was thinking of hang on because segas outrun was on my mind. I just really want that hang on cart in my collection with the box and all, I emailed collectorvision and asked if they were ever going to do a second run of it

#4 phoenixdownita OFFLINE  

phoenixdownita

River Patroller

• 2,694 posts

Posted Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:04 PM

Well there's Outrun for MSX so you may be seeing it eventually, whether it will support the driving wheel it's a different story as that would actually entail new code to be written.

On the other end the SMS version does support the paddle so maybe the pure "control" code is easier but the gfx chip of the SMS is more powerful and I am not sure they can port much of it to the CV.

#5 youki OFFLINE  

youki

River Patroller

• 2,235 posts

Posted Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:56 PM

I'm working on a outrun "inspired" game for Colecovision.  It won't require SGM.

#6 LutzfromOz ONLINE  

LutzfromOz

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 33 posts

Posted Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:00 PM

I'm working on a outrun "inspired" game for Colecovision.  It won't require SGM.

excellent to hear youki, that sounds right up my alley a few minutes ago I posted an idea for a road rash spiritual successor for colecovision, after seeing the superb results of the hang on port

#7 youki OFFLINE  

youki

River Patroller

• 2,235 posts

Posted Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:09 PM

excellent to hear youki, that sounds right up my alley a few minutes ago I posted an idea for a road rash spiritual successor for colecovision, after seeing the superb results of the hang on port

hang on port as far i now , is just a SG 1000 port. Nothing coded specifically for the colecovision.

Despite the SG1000 version is very good , Nowaday if a coder take time to code the game from zero and not simply hack the SG1000 code to make it work on Colecovision,  the game could be lot better i think.

#8 Jinks OFFLINE  

Jinks

River Patroller

• 3,626 posts

Posted Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:38 PM

Excellent might be my first coleco homebrew. As no one does racing games for any system. Also no sgm which lowers the price by 100usd.

#9 Swami ONLINE  

Swami

Moonsweeper

• 363 posts

Posted Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:40 PM

I'm too lazy to go through all the setup of seeing if one could use the module 2 driving controller with the vision-dapter for such games using MAME CV emulation.

#10 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

Stargunner

• 1,669 posts

Posted Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:35 AM

The driving controller emulation works well in Mame (unlike the mame roller controller emulation which has problems).

#11 Swami ONLINE  

Swami

Moonsweeper

• 363 posts

Posted Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:41 AM

Im pretty late on the whole super game module, but if i had a wish it would be for outrun on the sgm with exp mod 2 support, or more racers for the sgm with Exp mod 2 support, im kicking myself for missing out on Segas hangon by collectorvision

So, with a vision-daptor, you can use module 2 with the arcade version in MAME, or perhaps a more modern driving controller by USB if you have one.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users