IGNORED

Introducing GPAC Dementia Defender for the Commodore 64

Gray Defender

Hello everyone, I am proud to say I have completed development on my Pac-Clone game. It has been a great learning experience, and I had a lot of fun doing it.

Gameplay and announcement video here:

I still have two or three more videos covering the development yet to be released but coming soon on youtube.com/graydefender

If anyone is interested as of the time of this posting there are 5 (five) physical copies up for grabs. Send me an email at graydefender@outlook.com if you would like a boxed copy.

Thank you for your support!

post-38940-0-01336600-1488119884_thumb.png

post-38940-0-95834800-1488119942_thumb.jpg

post-38940-0-01260500-1488119985_thumb.jpg

post-38940-0-80761200-1488119994_thumb.jpg

post-38940-0-36576000-1488120005_thumb.jpg

post-38940-0-40661700-1488120017_thumb.jpg

post-38940-0-69789300-1488120027_thumb.jpg

post-38940-0-09490900-1488120039_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

GPAC is a lot of fun to play! :) I loaded it on my breadbox 64 and expected to play for a few minutes, but it turned into upwards of 20.

I really liked the second board with the classic outlined pacman maze shapes with no breaks in them - pulls you in combined with the giant maze. Lot's of interesting mazes and pleasing color schemes and bonus rounds, by the time my game ended around 81,000 the speed had ramped up nicely and increased the intensity of the game but the controls were responsive.

Thank you, very nice to hear. Does that mean you received your physical copy? I am leaning towards not yet...

FYI, someone notified me on my channel today that someone has already "cracked" my game adding a cracktro and trainer.

http://csdb.dk/release/?id=153978

I checked it out, they seemed to do a pretty good job of it. I am flattered. I had checked out that site to try to distribute GPAC but couldn't figure out who to contact.

Anyway that's pretty fast for only being released for something like three days.

• Like 1

Thank you, very nice to hear. Does that mean you received your physical copy? I am leaning towards not yet...

FYI, someone notified me on my channel today that someone has already "cracked" my game adding a cracktro and trainer.

http://csdb.dk/release/?id=153978

I checked it out, they seemed to do a pretty good job of it. I am flattered. I had checked out that site to try to distribute GPAC but couldn't figure out who to contact.

Anyway that's pretty fast for only being released for something like three days.

Very cool, just downloaded the cracked version from that link - those are awesome, intro demo plus the game! :)

Yes I did recieve my boxed copy of GPAC yesterday, played it on the real hardware last night straight away! :) The packaging and the manual were surpurb but I didn't want to take away from the gameplay - GPAC is an awesome pacman port with lots of interesting themes.

More about the packaging and manual - many pages of interesting info with illustrations. GPAC decals and trading cards were included in the box too, I liked the spiral designs :)

Every aspect of this production is top notch like, feels like it was released in the 80's - awesome retro fun on the C64! :)

I'm also a big fan of your educational series; your videos teaching people how to write pacman in BASIC and Assembly on the C64 are equally entertaining and well produced, remind me of Ian Bogost's curriculum and writings (Racing the Beam, How to do things with Video Games, etc).

Keep up the good work!!! :)

Edited by Mr SQL

Thank you so much. I appreciate your comments. On the diskette I sent you, I gave you a special version with a "shout out" to you. Unless I sent it to someone else... But I also have that version available as a .prg if you would like me to email it you. I'll need your email address.

I have 4 more videos coming out to complete the series. I hope to post at least the first one by this weekend, hopefully Friday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...