IGNORED

Game of the Year (GOTY) 2016-Retro Version-Game Over

Tarzilla

Game of the Year (GOTY) 2016-Retro Version-Game Over

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/261651-game-of-the-year-goty-2016-retro-version/

The Poll ended at 1 second before midnight, thanks to Albert for locking the thread at the previously agreed upon time.

Use this thread to complain, speculate, postulate and discuss.

I think that, in the name of transparency, it's good that everybody knows what the others voted for.

Secrecy of vote is a guarantee for the voters to avoid consequences for their preferences and I want to think that everybody can feel free to express their own opinion around here.

Congratulations to the winners and a heartfelt thank you to all programmers/producers.

For a system that was considered dead 26 years ago to have all those releases in one year is a big victory

Valar morghulis!

• Like 1

Congrats to the winner(s) and all who voted.

I'd also like to nominate myself for the "Most likely to walk across many sketchy city blocks late at night, while really drunk" award. I'd also add, "...and resist almost all inappropriate advances by homeless randoms along the way."

Ummm. I'm pretty sure I already gave you that award. :)

There a hope that a better poll module might be in place next year that uses the AtariAge membership to authenticate and still remain anonymous. The research is going on as to whether it will be for the current board software or next, preferably both. The results would not be known until poll close, the poll will auto close at a previously set time with only one vote per AA member, along with some other options.

• Like 2

This year I felt the vote was very fair.

Last year it was skewed and in the end rigged. yes I did say that ...in favor of the winning game.

I love the open and transparent voting process,isn't that how it should be in any country and polling place honesty first?

No fake accounts or votes from anyone and to each there own. 1 person, 1 vote....this is after

all just a video game forum and just for fun! Stated clearly, I want my vote to be public! :)

I love the open and transparent voting process,isn't that how it should be in any country and polling place honesty first?

At the country/political level, "open and transparent" voting (i.e. you knew which people voted for what) has been disasterous. This is because people fear retribution if anyone can find out how they voted. For example, it has been documented in early American history when political votes were just a public raising of hands, some people were afraid to vote against their boss's political beliefs for fear of being fired by their boss (which did happen).

Of course, nothing that severe is happening on AtariAge.

If you want voting that is the most truthful and accurate, people need to know that their voting won't be made public.

However, to combat the concern of shill accounts padding votes, I would be in favor of know who voted but not knowing what each individual's vote was. For example: "Lathe26 voted" is ok while "Lathe26 voted for Bea Arthur Extreme Hentai" is not.

• Like 1

However, to combat the concern of shill accounts padding votes, I would be in favor of know who voted but not knowing what each individual's vote was. For example: "Lathe26 voted" is ok while "Lathe26 voted for Bea Arthur Extreme Hentai" is not.

Great Idea !!!!

• Like 2

This year I felt the vote was very fair.

Last year it was skewed and in the end rigged. yes I did say that ...in favor of the winning game.

Et tu, Trump?

"My favorite game did not win! Boo! I call shenanigans!!! Hiss! Boo!!"

• Like 2