IGNORED

Biggest freakout with pal console, but diagnosed power supply as fault

LutzfromOz

Thank deity (I'm agnostic)for these forums, and its archives, anyways received my pal console in the mail today with an Australian 240 ac adaptor for the coleco, I thought my $300 purchase (some real mint games were included) was a defective console with video or ram problems because I was experiencing lines through the game sprites, river raid for one was unplayable, or my Atarimax cart was faulty, but I tried my 110v north America adaptor run through my aus to usa step down converter obviously, and the console works flawlessly. the problem must be corrosion on the Australian power supply, I'm taking it to an electrician this Friday to disassemble it find the corrosion and apply corrosion inhibitor to it, so relieved I almost jumped to the conclusion that the system was faulty

Edited by LutzfromOz

^ looking back at that post as a noob, it could also be possible that the +5v line is faulty from a bad capacitor, supposidly from my research the colecos video ram is very sensitive to voltage drops resulting in lines in the sprites, if it is fixable, im definately going to go ahead with it even if it cost a fortune, as an australian coleco 240v adaptor is almost impossible to find in australia