IGNORED

Sega Genesis model 1 & 2 OEM style reset switch -SOLD OUT

H454

I'm putting selling these on hold until next year.      SOLD OUT

I don't think I'll be finding any more of these in this size.

Will keep thread up for Info reasons.

Can't find a replacement reset switch like the original from the genesis model 1 and 2? Hate the hard click of the switches you can find?

Here you go!

I figured a lot of people here could use one.icon_biggrinwink.gif

Alps brand soft tact switch - New old stock - Works just like the old one, but little firmer.

$6 total for one with shipping anywhere in the US. Two for $8, 3 for $ 9.

Any additional switches after the first three are $3.

(Price increase due to USPS postage increase.)

Please PM me Thru Atari Age forum - It's free to sign up!

Thanks

Pics:

post-47811-0-00425100-1488662610_thumb.jpgpost-47811-0-91499300-1488662615_thumb.jpgpost-47811-0-29930600-1488662621_thumb.jpg

Edited by H454
Qty and pricing
  • Like 1

Note: It may easier to cut old switch off before desolding for most people. Use small, sharp side cutters.

If you don't have a good solder sucker, heating one pin at a time with a solder iron and pull cut leg out with small needle nose

- then use solder wik to remove remaining solder from hole.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Meant to add to this, but I too ordered about 5 of these reset switches from H454. They arrived very quickly and the switches are literally a perfect replacement. They may not have the dimple indent on the top of the rubber button switch, but they work excellently all the same. And they will work just as well in a model 1 Genesis. That is what I installed mine into.
Thanks again H454 for making these available!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

How many of these do you have left? I only bought like 5 last time and I've since used up 3! Honestly I like the way these newer contact rubber buttons feel over the original. I think they have a more tactile feel to them without being clicky. So... I'm likely to buy a few more if you've got em?

• Like 1

I'm interested but in New Zealand. What's the cost to ship?

Anything overseas is about $15US - thats the cheapest rate I can find. The switches are over 1/4 tall, any padded envelope over 1/4" thick double or triples in shipping cost.icon_sad.gif

Most of the $5 I charge for the US is going toward shipping - about $2.50 then about $.50 in paypal fees. Thats why I don't charge much for extra switches in the same package.

Overseas would be $2.00 for the first switch, $1.50 for the 2nd and $1.00 for every piece the third and after.

So one would be $17.00 total with shipping, two $18.50, three $19.50 - etc.

I wish It was cheaper to ship, but it seems people only care about subsidies for stuff to come china. A little fore thought that maybe cheaper world wide shipping would be go for everyone, just seems to sail over policy makers heads.

How many of these do you have left? I only bought like 5 last time and I've since used up 3! Honestly I like the way these newer contact rubber buttons feel over the original. I think they have a more tactile feel to them without being clicky. So... I'm likely to buy a few more if you've got em?

About 30? I test them before shipping them out, So I don't wasn't to over estimate. Even though they are new, they are older surplus, So It doesn't hurt to check.icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Bump - Updated contact info - getting messages about selling stuff not posted on eBay using their messaging system is a no-no.

Please PM me or vash454_at_hotmail(dot)com - note that email only gets checked once a week.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

What if the Reset button doesn't work to begin with,? I've never owned a Genesis where the reset button hasn't stopped working at some point in time.

Would these fix that issue?

Honestly for as little as these costs and for the small amount of time required to change out the switch, I've been replacing them anyway on ones I mod for people as a preventative measure.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi

I am trying to source some of these switches locally in the UK but if I cant are you able to post to the United Kingdom please?

Thanks!

Pm me your address so I can get your a quote. (click my profile pic and the link at the top right that says send message.)

But just a heads-up, it might be $15-20 for just shipping.

I've ordered some Chinese knock-offs recently, but have got a chance to verify that they will work correctly.

If they do I can send you a direct link as it may be cheaper.

If they do work right, I will probably sell those for slightly cheaper - The ALPS Switches I have are running low as well.

• 1 year later...