IGNORED

Upcoming Switch games

Flojomojo

Super Bomberman R is NOT fun at least 1 player, I returned it. Can't wait to get I Am Setsuna going to import that so it's physical. That Has Been Heroes game I'd like to see in action before buying that. RIME, MK8 Deluxe, Mario Odyssey, USF2 are a must. Considering Fast RMX but I'm overly easy to bore with racing games anymore these days. Your list there, at least that image is lacking as there's far more stuff than that. Just off the top of my head the combining of Dragon Quest Heroes 1+2 into one card I'd snap up.

If Fast RMX is released as a hard copy I will definitely pick it up. Also looking forward to:

-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe-Never got a single DLC for Wii U version so this should be new enough to warrant a pick up. Also what nintendo console can you have without a MK game?

-Skyrim (but only if I beat Zelda first)

-Mario- Always down for a 3d Mario game

-Possibly that sonic game if its any good (keeping my fingers crossed)

Not overly sure about anything else on that list but looking forward to some announcements from third party publishers.

EDIT: Also very interested in Uku Lele the tribute to my favorite 3D platformer of all time, Banjo Kazooie

Edited by travistouchdown

Does anyone know if Fast RMX is getting a hard copy release?

Currently not that I can see, unless you own a WiiU. I just wrote their info email on the developers website asking if one were intended in any region in the future. I hope they write back. I'm not forking over $20 for a digital rental.

Does anyone know if Fast RMX is getting a hard copy release?

The predecessor was released on physical media in Europe and Japan about 9 months after the digital version, for what that's worth to you.

It's worth playing today and $20 is a fair price. I'm excited about the many indie downloads coming to the Switch.

The predecessor was released on physical media in Europe and Japan about 9 months after the digital version, for what that's worth to you.

It's worth playing today and $20 is a fair price. I'm excited about the many indie downloads coming to the Switch.

I'm excited for a lot of digital downloads. But won't be buying any!

*maybe 1 or 2* over the lifetime of switch. And that's it. I've learned my lesson on the 360 and Wii. Where are my 50 to 60 games that I "own" now? Probably in a digital landfill with ET.

But to each his own. Enjoy your games! :-)

I've learned my lesson on the 360 and Wii. Where are my 50 to 60 games that I "own" now? Probably in a digital landfill with ET.

That's funny, I get a weekly surprise on my Xbox One as they make more and more 360 titles backwards compatible. Not that I need it, since I have two 360 consoles (I really thought my original was dying, so I got a replacement, but it's still going strong) which can each access the many games I've bought over the 12 years of 360.

My Wii U has all of the Wii Virtual Console purchases I made on my old machine. Many of them I was able to "upgrade" to the Wii U version for a dollar or less.

I'm not sure what's stopping you from using the games you bought, but the same thing hasn't happened to me.

As you say, to each his own. I like having plenty of stuff to play but not store.

I think he more strongly believes in actually owning and fully controlling a game you can hold in your hand instead of being told your are BUY(ing) a game but you're just renting time until they pull it for one reason or another. Sure the system would still have it, but if it fails, it's gone without hacking some extreme measures by going into warezing in or out the games you paid for as a back up.

You're putting words in someone else's mouth.

Losing access to digital stuff has never been a problem for me on Xbox or Playstation systems, even when something was pulled from the store. "Delisting" happens infrequently, but it does happen.

Turtles, Outrun, Yaris, Afterburner, Doom (temporarily) on XB360 and Jet Moto 3, Sega Rally Revo, and likely others on PS3 come to mind -- those are all things I bought, and they were pulled from the store, mostly for licensing or other legalistic reasons.

In every single one of those cases, my purchased content was still in my download queue, ready for me to use as I wanted on a registered system. Yes, the servers could go down, or Microsoft or Sony could go out of business or something ... but I'm taking the gamble that I'll stop caring about those "lost" games before they actually become lost. It's not as if my heirs are going to shed a tear over not being able to play the digital version of Virtual Fighter 5 on Xbox 360 when I'm gone.

The "lesson learned" for me is that I have ample hard drive space and sufficient money. What I don't have is tons of cabinet space for discs or time to sort or play all these games. Digital is great for me.

I'm not sermonizing, just wondering what "lesson" Rev had, because it's obviously different from mine.

I'm going by what he said and my own experience on top. I've had stuff I paid for stolen by me because of licensing bullcrap some years back. I had a few Sony PSP wannabe spinoff titles like Loco Robo on an old T-mobile pre-android phone and they decided to no longer carry it. When it got hosed up, and I needed to redownload a fresh copy it was gone, not so much as an apology either when I called asking what's up. I've had it in a few other rare instances on the console side of the pond too, so I rarely will invest anything over $10 into a digital lease because you don't own shit other than however long they feel you have a reasonable need to enjoy it. Obviously it's more of a rare thing but it's the principle of the matter listing stuff to 'BUY' which you really aren't, it's a lease, a rental, borrowed time basically. The lesson to me since those games was to minimally buy anymore lease games, cap it cheap, if it shows up on Steam and GOG, buy from GOG and back it up on my portable drive, and if I can just straight up buy a physical in hand copy -- do that first, even if it costs a little more.

They are really pounding out indie games on the Switch. Three were just released today: Little Inferno, Human Resource Machine, and World of Goo

Also, Snipperclips has a free demo now.

Yeah but they are mostly Wii U ports (for now.) I'm surprised how many switch games are available on the Wii U actually...

World of Goo is awesome, I highly recommend it if you've never played it before.

Actually. Both the wii and 360 that had all my digital games on both broke. No way that I know of to transfer them to a new machine. That was years ago now. Water under the bridge. Fun while it lasted. I was against digital download back then, and now I'm really against it. Its ok if everybody else does it. But I won't be fooled again.

You just don't really own it. You are "renting" it.

• Like 2

I'm going by what he said and my own experience on top. I've had stuff I paid for stolen by me because of licensing bullcrap some years back. I had a few Sony PSP wannabe spinoff titles like Loco Robo on an old T-mobile pre-android phone and they decided to no longer carry it. When it got hosed up, and I needed to redownload a fresh copy it was gone, not so much as an apology either when I called asking what's up. I've had it in a few other rare instances on the console side of the pond too, so I rarely will invest anything over $10 into a digital lease because you don't own shit other than however long they feel you have a reasonable need to enjoy it. Obviously it's more of a rare thing but it's the principle of the matter listing stuff to 'BUY' which you really aren't, it's a lease, a rental, borrowed time basically. The lesson to me since those games was to minimally buy anymore lease games, cap it cheap, if it shows up on Steam and GOG, buy from GOG and back it up on my portable drive, and if I can just straight up buy a physical in hand copy -- do that first, even if it costs a little more.

Wait. You had games you bought digitally, taken back? Did I understand that right? Wtf

Actually. Both the wii and 360 that had all my digital games on both broke. No way that I know of to transfer them to a new machine. That was years ago now. Water under the bridge. Fun while it lasted. I was against digital download back then, and now I'm really against it. Its ok if everybody else does it. But I won't be fooled again.

You just don't really own it. You are "renting" it.

Not that you care anymore, and it sounds like you didn't lose enough to look into it, but I think your situation could have been salvaged. Nintendo customer service would help with the Wii purchases (assuming you wanted to restore them to a repaired or new-to-you machine), and Xbox 360 will definitely let you re-download digital purchases from a new console, all you really need to do is log in and be online. Your decisions are your own, of course.

If you read the license of just about ANY media, all they're selling you is a "license" to use it. You just own the media it shipped on. If it breaks/scratches/burns/drowns/explodes/gets stolen, it's gone.

Not that you care anymore, and it sounds like you didn't lose enough to look into it, but I think your situation could have been salvaged. Nintendo customer service would help with the Wii purchases (assuming you wanted to restore them to a repaired or new-to-you machine), and Xbox 360 will definitely let you re-download digital purchases from a new console, all you really need to do is log in and be online. Your decisions are your own, of course.

If you read the license of just about ANY media, all they're selling you is a "license" to use it. You just own the media it shipped on. If it breaks/scratches/burns/drowns/explodes/gets stolen, it's gone.

We are talking 6/7 years ago now. Whatever steps that were needed were not easy or apparent I guess. I gave up and tossed the broken systems in the trash. On the 360 it was the 3rd red ring of death. It wasn't until 2 years ago I bought a new 360. And guess what. ...still haven't downloaded any games! If its on a disc we'll play it. Same for Wii and Wii U.

I *might* download World Of Goo on the switch. As I love that game. And I know going in that ill never own it and if my switch breaks ill probably lose it. But its ok. Ill live with it. ;)