Photo

Can anyone in the Seattle area fix Colecovisions?

5 replies to this topic

#1 reklen OFFLINE  

reklen

Star Raider

• 71 posts

Posted Sun Mar 5, 2017 1:13 AM

I just purchased a Roller-controller and seven games for my Colecovison.  I went home, and guess what, the system died.  No power, just the static noise.  This was Colecovision number 3, which I had for about 5 years.  I've always had trouble with it, but before most games would work, and I constantly had to change the contacts.  Does anyone in the Seattle area fix these.  Right now I have three broken Colecovisions.  I would like one working model.  Any suggestions?

#2 NIAD OFFLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 5,653 posts

Posted Sun Mar 5, 2017 4:30 PM

If you can't find anyone local, I would highly recommend sending your dead CV system to Yurkie to have properly fixed and at the very least modded with his Composite A/V Board. Send him a PM for links to all the services he provides.

#3 lawdawg710 OFFLINE  

lawdawg710

Chopper Commander

• 186 posts
  • ColecoReviewal

Posted Sun Mar 5, 2017 11:48 PM

I agree with NIAD, I'm in eastern Wa but I know nothing of repairs and I highly recommend Yurkie, in fact I had to send one of mine to him over a non working controller port. And his mods are awesome!!

#4 reklen OFFLINE  

reklen

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 71 posts

Posted Tue Mar 7, 2017 7:26 PM

I contacted him but haven't heard back yet

#5 Jeremy Popp OFFLINE  

Jeremy Popp

Moonsweeper

• 287 posts

Posted Wed Mar 8, 2017 1:42 PM

I contacted him but haven't heard back yet

If you don't hear back, I've also become quite proficient at repairing colecovisions.  Of course, I'm not local so shipping would be a pain, though I would gladly fix for free if you send me all 3 and I keep 2 of them :-D   I can also do composite mods, PM me if you're interested.

#6 reklen OFFLINE  

reklen

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 71 posts

Posted Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:58 PM

Thanks everyone, Yurkie got in touch with me and I sent him all three.  Hopefully he'll work his magic.  Thanks for the offer Jeremy.  How come people only know how to fix Colecovisions in Ohio?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users