Photo

26 replies to this topic

#1 hellhound OFFLINE  

hellhound

Combat Commando

• 9 posts

Posted Sun Mar 5, 2017 8:59 AM

Hey everybody. I am a new member who is in the process of rediscovering Intellivision. My wife gave me an Intellivision Flashback for Christmas, and I was hooked (again). After lurking here awhile, I decided to send my Flashback to Byte Knight for his amazing upgrade service (review upcoming in the appropriate thread). Now I am really hooked! 

I look forward to learning more about the current state of the Intellivision world and seeing whether I can challenge some of the high scores. Some of my favorite games are Auto Racing, Tron Deadly Discs, AD&D, Swords and Serpents, and Dragonfire.

#2 intellivotion OFFLINE  

intellivotion

River Patroller

• 2,091 posts
  • Time Zone Traveller

Posted Sun Mar 5, 2017 9:39 AM

welcome on board and have fun  :)

#3 ChefPepper OFFLINE  

ChefPepper

Chopper Commander

• 150 posts

Posted Sun Mar 5, 2017 10:01 AM

Welcome!

#4 Humblejack OFFLINE  

Humblejack

Chopper Commander

• 243 posts

Posted Sun Mar 5, 2017 10:05 AM

Hi and welcome. You'll get more Intellivision exposure here than anywhere else. Don't let the rogues of the forum get to you. They can be brutal.

And, I like your avatar.

HJ

#5 intvsteve OFFLINE  

intvsteve

River Patroller

• 2,720 posts

Posted Sun Mar 5, 2017 10:06 AM

Welcome!

#6 JasonlikesINTV ONLINE  

JasonlikesINTV

Quadrunner

• 8,345 posts

Posted Sun Mar 5, 2017 10:31 AM

Welcome! Always good to see lurkers join in the discussion. We could definitely use more participation/interest in playing for high scores. If you haven't already, I'd recommend checking out the HSC thread, the annual Christmas Carol competition, and the various leagues (Bowling, Skiing, Frog Bog, etc).

#7 the1hatman OFFLINE  

the1hatman

Dragonstomper

• 595 posts

Posted Sun Mar 5, 2017 11:40 AM

I guess it's time for the traditional welcome... I'll get the candle wax and salad tongs. Someone remember to bring the used motor oil and don't forget the Menudo 8 track!

Nah it's not really that bad here. Just getting you ready for all the Rev and c-mart conversations you're going to read  :lolblue:

#8 Steve Jones OFFLINE  

Steve Jones

Moonsweeper

• 499 posts

Posted Sun Mar 5, 2017 12:01 PM

Welcome, if you browse around a bit here you will find roms for several recent homebrews you can also load onto your ultimate fb. If you use the ftp program to browse around in the fb you might find some other treats, just saying.

#9 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Quadrunner

• 11,324 posts

Posted Sun Mar 5, 2017 12:45 PM

I guess it's time for the traditional welcome... I'll get the candle wax and salad tongs. Someone remember to bring the used motor oil and don't forget the Menudo 8 track!

Nah it's not really that bad here. Just getting you ready for all the Rev and c-mart conversations you're going to read  :lolblue:

Excellent. I see we're going with greeting program #3. I always like when we go back to our roots.

#10 nanochess ONLINE  

nanochess

River Patroller

• 4,843 posts
  • Coding something good

Posted Sun Mar 5, 2017 1:59 PM

Welcome! :)

#11 BBWW ONLINE  

BBWW

River Patroller

• 2,849 posts
  • If it is not fun move away slowly.

Posted Sun Mar 5, 2017 2:07 PM

Welcome aboard! Generally we are a lot of fun and predominantly civil.

#12 Eric7100 OFFLINE  

Eric7100

River Patroller

• 3,136 posts

Posted Sun Mar 5, 2017 2:23 PM

Whatever you do, stay far, far away from Cmart.

#13 hellhound OFFLINE  

hellhound

Combat Commando

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted Sun Mar 5, 2017 2:42 PM

Hi and welcome. You'll get more Intellivision exposure here than anywhere else. Don't let the rogues of the forum get to you. They can be brutal.

And, I like your avatar.

HJ

I always liked Deathlok for some reason. (My wife the psychologist would probably have something to say about that.)

I was thinking of something more along the lines of Kay Pike as Tron. You guys have the connections to swing that, right?

#14 AJChandler OFFLINE  

AJChandler

Star Raider

• 83 posts

Posted Sun Mar 5, 2017 2:50 PM

Welcome.

#15 gunoz OFFLINE  

gunoz

Moonsweeper

• 409 posts

Posted Sun Mar 5, 2017 3:18 PM

I was thinking of something more along the lines of Kay Pike as Tron. You guys have the connections to swing that, right?

Sorry, no, that gets the lawyers involved, it's really a big mess. We can do Nort though, absolutely no similarity whatsoever.

Edited by gunoz, Sun Mar 5, 2017 3:19 PM.

#16 the1hatman OFFLINE  

the1hatman

Dragonstomper

• 595 posts

Posted Sun Mar 5, 2017 3:36 PM

Um... how does Bea Arthur work for ya?

#17 Special Teams ONLINE  

Special Teams

Dragonstomper

• 799 posts

Posted Sun Mar 5, 2017 4:11 PM

Welcome!

Here's a great site with lots of info on the old:

http://www.intvfunhouse.com/

And here's one with info on all the new stuff out (and soon to be out):

http://www.intellivi...mebrew-releases

#18 Lathe26 OFFLINE  

Lathe26

River Patroller

• 2,940 posts

Posted Sun Mar 5, 2017 4:49 PM

Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of great information here about the Intellivision. Common topics include: announcements of brand new homebrew games, interesting items for sale on eBay, occasional contests between folks playing games at home (ex: Frog Bog League), talking about old and unreleased games and ads, and more. There is a sub-forum for programmers if you feel like learning how to write your own games. One last resource I'll mention is that there is a "Marketplace" forum elsewhere on AtariAge.com where members post their items for sale (many different game consoles there, including Intellivision).

I'll mention that you should consider getting the LTO Flash, which is a multi-cart you can download many game ROMs into and then play on real Intellivision hardware. If you only buy 1 modern piece of hardware for the Intellivision then buy that one.

Excellent. I see we're going with greeting program #3. I always like when we go back to our roots.

I never got program #3. I still wake up in night sweats from the program #4 I received.

#19 hellhound OFFLINE  

hellhound

Combat Commando

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted Sun Mar 5, 2017 5:12 PM

Thanks everyone for all of the great info.

#20 Atarikid96 OFFLINE  

Atarikid96

Star Raider

• 94 posts
  • Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Posted Sun Mar 5, 2017 6:05 PM

Hello fellow Inty addict! Don't worry, this is a safe place lol. I'm michael and i'm an inty/atari addict. 

#21 m-crew OFFLINE  

m-crew

River Patroller

• 3,461 posts

Posted Sun Mar 5, 2017 7:03 PM

Cheers and Welcome to the Nightmare... ;) lol

#22 JoeM_Intellivision OFFLINE  

JoeM_Intellivision

Stargunner

• 1,168 posts

Posted Mon Mar 6, 2017 6:41 PM

Welcome to the show:-)

#23 townparkradio OFFLINE  

townparkradio

Moonsweeper

• 425 posts

Posted Mon Mar 6, 2017 9:08 PM

I will say this much: When I was but a wee lad I used to make fun of those who had the Intellivison.  I was wrong.  i was so vERY wrong.  The Inty would have been the right system for a nerdy brat like me.

Here, one of our official theme songs:

#24 JoeM_Intellivision OFFLINE  

JoeM_Intellivision

Stargunner

• 1,168 posts

Posted Tue Mar 7, 2017 10:21 PM

Townparkradio,
Thanks for posting video - don't think I've seen this one but very cool!
Joe

#25 hellhound OFFLINE  

hellhound

Combat Commando

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted Wed Mar 8, 2017 9:30 AM

I will say this much: When I was but a wee lad I used to make fun of those who had the Intellivison.  I was wrong.  i was so vERY wrong.  The Inty would have been the right system for a nerdy brat like me.

Here, one of our official theme songs:

Great song. I was actually old enough to buy my own Intellivision. None of my friends had one, but I enjoyed playing it so much that I didn't care. I could always go to the arcade to play games with friends. 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users