IGNORED

New member hello and thank you

IJoeG

Just a quick hello and a thank you for a ton of information. I've been browsing for about a year now and finally decided to join.

Last year I bought a 7800 and knew there had to be a better way to connect it to my TV. That led me here and the modding, building and collecting began. So now a year and two modded and two stock 7800's later, I'm hooked. :)

I couldn't stand the controllers so again with info found mostly here I started making controllers. So once again thank you to all of you who post so much information and made it so easy to figure it all out.

All the Joysticks are wico leaf joysticks and the pacman is an actual arcade 4 way joystick. Playing any of the 4 way games like pacman and dig dug, is awesome. Almost as good as the arcade versions.

post-52591-0-65603500-1488794508_thumb.jpgpost-52591-0-47700300-1488794521_thumb.jpgpost-52591-0-13318100-1488794534_thumb.jpgpost-52591-0-89357500-1488794545_thumb.jpgpost-52591-0-94063900-1488794559_thumb.jpgpost-52591-0-83058200-1488794575_thumb.jpgpost-52591-0-79160000-1488794591_thumb.jpgpost-52591-0-16643600-1488794603_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Just a quick hello and a thank you for a ton of information. I've been browsing for about a year now and finally decided to join.

Last year I bought a 7800 and knew there had to be a better way to connect it to my TV. That led me here and the modding, building and collecting began. So now a year and two modded and two stock 7800's later, I'm hooked. :)

I couldn't stand the controllers so again with info found mostly here I started making controllers. So once again thank you to all of you who post so much information and made it so easy to figure it all out.

All the Joysticks are wico leaf joysticks and the pacman is an actual arcade 4 way joystick. Playing any of the 4 way games like pacman and dig dug, is awesome. Almost as good as the arcade versions.

IMG_4324.JPG IMG_4325.JPG IMG_4326.JPG IMG_4327.JPG IMG_4328.JPG IMG_4329.JPG IMG_4322.JPG IMG_4330.JPG

Those look awsome.

Awesome looking controllers. My son would love the Robotron one (his fav game).

When you attach your pics, you can preview them and rotate them if necessary, prior to posting. Sometimes they need to be rotated after upload. :)

• Like 1

Ok, I need more help. Why are my pics all upside down? :(

Because you took the pictures upside down on your phone, and browsers don't tend to obey EXIF data in the images correctly. Oddly enough, I've just been looking at this in relation to a fix for our app at work...

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it taken me so long to reply but I've been in Australia ;-) Thanks for the kind replies, I'm kinda proud of them. Think I like building them almost more then playing on them.

Because you took the pictures upside down on your phone, and browsers don't tend to obey EXIF data in the images correctly. Oddly enough, I've just been looking at this in relation to a fix for our app at work...

Thanks, thats exactly what I did. Phone battery was dying so I had it plugged in and had to hold it upside down.

Your joysticks look amazing! Mind sharing what you built them out of, what the printing process is like, etc?

Thank you. Glad to share, I bought the enclosure from Mouser electronics, they're all aluminum boxes so they're light weight. The Joysticks are vintage Wico leaf joysticks I purchased from Ebay and rebuilt, new grommets, cleaned or replaced leaf switches. The buttons are new but they are also a leaf type button. super responsive and quiet, no clicking when you push them. As far as the printing, I have a graphics and sign shop so i was able to print them myself. I was lucky and found some vectored Robotron arcade graphics someone had put online so I didn't have to start from scratch. Just had to customize it to fit my box and make it look right. I'll post some pics of the inside of the box.

Here's the link for the graphics, I manipulated them quite a bit tho to fit the enclosure. I'll share my version of the Robotron graphics if you're interested.

http://vectorlib.free.fr/Robotron/

Edited by IJoeG
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...