IGNORED

Funnelweb History

Airshack

Can I ask what specifically is so special about 80 col FW?

Is it just FW, but wider?

Why can you not run it in MESS, if that environment is so critical to your development process?

I had a working copy of MESS and it constantly crashed or had problems. I gave up in frustration of having to repair it.

Also I am no fond of typing in commands all the time, it is bad enough on the TI but on a modern PC seems quite insane.

It feels like using Telegraph on a modern computer. Quaint but mind boggling to do.

I mean I am using Classic99 to emulate a TI99/4A but have to use MESS and type in commands into the PC for the OS to emulate an Text based computer on a modern PC????

This is exactly why Windows 10 SUCKS, CORTANA is a really STUPID IDEA, it is like Microsoft forgot we have a freaking MOUSE and BUTTONS ON IT!

Edited by RXB
  • Like 1

I had a working copy of MESS and it constantly crashed or had problems. I gave up in frustration of having to repair it.

Also I am no fond of typing in commands all the time, it is bad enough on the TI but on a modern PC seems quite insane.

Well, MESS is really no more as it's all been folded into MAME now. I've had really good luck with it and it's my primary emulator for most classic systems.

I'm no fan of command lines. QMC2 is a great front end for MAME. You can save various configurations, which includes cards and disk images you may use often.

Well, MESS is really no more as it's all been folded into MAME now. I've had really good luck with it and it's my primary emulator for most classic systems.

I'm no fan of command lines. QMC2 is a great front end for MAME. You can save various configurations, which includes cards and disk images you may use often.

Yea QMC2 locked up even after uninstall of it I could not get it to go back to the configuration I had, it just wanted to stick with a Plain TI no matter what I tried.

Then again I am not running MESS on a OS X but on Windows 10. Could not get MAME to work and the Download for it does not work for Windows 10.

Also like Tursi not a fan of disk Images.

It feels like using Telegraph on a modern computer. Quaint but mind boggling to do.

I mean I am using Classic99 to emulate a TI99/4A but have to use MESS and type in commands into the PC for the OS to emulate an Text based computer on a modern PC????

This is exactly why Windows 10 SUCKS, CORTANA is a really STUPID IDEA, it is like Microsoft forgot we have a freaking MOUSE and BUTTONS ON IT!

They need Cortana to oberserve you. Same for this other crap from Amazon, Siri, Google Nest

and all these Flat-TVs with cameras, microphones and internet connection :(

Not in my house. Never ever.

PS: when I read last year about script kiddies remotley reactivating your BIOS- and Windows-deactivated microphones

I opened my Laptop and dismonted the mic. Skype only for chat now :)

I seem to recall there WERE some special features of the Funnelweb 80-column editor. I'm not sure if it let you have > 1 file in memory, but it might have. I know the text buffer is a lot larger because of the extra video RAM it used. There were help screens. And "All Chars" mode, which let you type foreign-language letters and certain graphical symbols. What I'm not really sure about is if those features were only in the 80-column V5 editor, or if some were also applied to the 40-column editor.

The Funnelweb system itself stopped at v4.4 I believe, but the editors continued receiving improvements (that's why the version 5 editor can be found inside later editions of version 4 of Funnelweb).

Disk Review is nice...it's great to sector-edit in 80 columns.

Just read through the 05/95 edition of the Lima newsletter. Funnelweb will let you have one 128K buffer, 2 64K, or 4 32K AND copy text between the buffers.

• Like 1

Just read through the 05/95 edition of the Lima newsletter. Funnelweb will let you have one 128K buffer, 2 64K, or 4 32K AND copy text between the buffers.

What version?

I think I was always using 5.41 80 column and this crashes in Classic99 as my source files are to large and Catalog does not work.

This all worked fine on my TIM card with 192K.

Edited by RXB

Has anyone been able to run it successfully / completely off a hard disk or HDX1? For a while I was trying to put together an optimal FW setup but the number of moving parts and the time I had to spend editing device names and such became too much of a hassle.

Has anyone been able to run it successfully / completely off a hard disk or HDX1? For a while I was trying to put together an optimal FW setup but the number of moving parts and the time I had to spend editing device names and such became too much of a hassle.

Yea I ran from RXB FW 80 Column from SCS1LOAD.

Or go to REA menu and press from EA5 prompt press 0 (zero) key and it runs SCS1.UTIL1

From RXB start menu push 0 (zero) key for WDS1.LOAD and that LOAD program has a menu for Funnelweb, Boot Menu, PGRAM, GAMES or Utilities.

Edited by RXB
  • Like 1