Photo

Controller Issues

2 replies to this topic

#1 reklen OFFLINE  

reklen

Star Raider

• 71 posts

Posted Wed Mar 8, 2017 12:46 AM

I just got a refurbished Colecovision.  It seems to be working fine, better than any I had before.  However, it only seems to work with Coleco joysticks and 2600 joysticks.  I read that 7800 joysticks and europads should work, but they didn't.  The Genesis pad did, but when I played Frenzy, the screen kept blacking out, which didn't happen when I used a 2600 stickl.  The reason I'm asking is because I just got a Roller Controller, and the thing worked, for about 5 minutes, now it just goes up and down  Likewise, when I try the 7800 joystick, the characters won't go down, just up, left and right.  Do you think this is a port issue?

#2 fiddlepaddle OFFLINE  

fiddlepaddle

River Patroller

• 2,223 posts

Posted Wed Mar 8, 2017 10:48 PM

Some genny controllers work ok, some don't. 2600 sticks are fine, but you'll need a y-adapter to use the keypad on the colecovision controller (don't know about 7800). Lots of Roller controllers seem to develop that problem; can be fixed but usually requires a part (I don't have specifics).

#3 SiLic0ne t0aD85 OFFLINE  

SiLic0ne t0aD85

River Patroller

• 2,048 posts
  • Rock 'N Roller, Space Patroller

Posted Thu Mar 9, 2017 4:13 AM

You'll need to take the roller controller apart and clean the actual rollers, there's probably some crud on them. Using some DeOxit D5 might not be a bad idea as well.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users