Photo

Neo Geo games now in US eShop

35 replies to this topic

#26 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

Stargunner

• 1,689 posts

Posted Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:14 PM

That's a good way to put it I suppose, some of the golfers do kind of look fairly cheesy, but what really is, is that horribly amusing female voice belting out ON THE GREEN.

Honestly if the Switch were a primary handheld to me I'd buy it, but with the Switch facing my arcade cabinet on the opposite wall I just can't see a reason.  I did get it on ios for when I'm stuck on the go, and I have a dump of the arcade board on my android tablet with neo.emu. :)

#27 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

Up! Down! Up! Down!

• Topic Starter
  • 8,622 posts
  • Chu! Chu! Chu!

Posted Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:36 PM

Wrong! If you like something, or have ever liked something in the past, you must buy it AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN.

At least that's what the voices inside my head are saying. Because I'm not gonna spend all my hard earned money on clothes or books, dammit.

#28 travistouchdown OFFLINE  

travistouchdown

River Patroller

• 3,423 posts
  • Do the math!

Posted Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:11 AM

So the Switch was getting me excited to get a Neo Geo, but after looking at prices I think the Switch may have to do!  $7 dollars sure beats paying $7000 for a game...lol

So far I have Metal Slug and Turf Masters,  but would like to pick up Metal Slug 3, Nam 1975, King of Fighters 98' (not really a fighting game guy, but i've heard this is one of the best, and Shock Troopers

I'm also interesed in Alpha Mission II, but have heard there are much better SHMUP's on the NEO GEO so think I will hold out. 

I hope HAMSTER just keeps on porting these things until the best of the library is available

I'd really like to see:

-Blazing Star

-Metal Slug 2

-Spinmaster

-Pulstar

-Aero Fighters 2

-Ghost Pilots

-Magician Lord

What else would you like to see on the eshop from the NEO GEO?

#29 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

Stargunner

• 1,689 posts

Posted Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:36 PM

Good selection. I've got your entire like to see list other than pulstar which I tend to find a bit annoying.

#30 Punisher5.0 ONLINE  

Punisher5.0

River Patroller

• 3,161 posts

Posted Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:30 PM

So the Switch was getting me excited to get a Neo Geo, but after looking at prices I think the Switch may have to do!  $7 dollars sure beats paying $7000 for a game...lol

So far I have Metal Slug and Turf Masters,  but would like to pick up Metal Slug 3, Nam 1975, King of Fighters 98' (not really a fighting game guy, but i've heard this is one of the best, and Shock Troopers

I'm also interesed in Alpha Mission II, but have heard there are much better SHMUP's on the NEO GEO so think I will hold out. 

I hope HAMSTER just keeps on porting these things until the best of the library is available

I'd really like to see:

-Blazing Star
-Metal Slug 2
-Spinmaster
-Pulstar
-Aero Fighters 2
-Ghost Pilots
-Magician Lord

What else would you like to see on the eshop from the NEO GEO?

Baseball Stars 2. You will not be disappointed.

#31 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

Stargunner

• 1,689 posts

Posted Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:28 PM

It's fantastic. I was messing with that one yesterday.

#32 travistouchdown OFFLINE  

travistouchdown

River Patroller

• 3,423 posts
  • Do the math!

Posted Tue May 2, 2017 8:17 AM

Hamster is crushing it with these Neo Geo ACA ports...

The Switch is more or less becoming my portable Neo Geo machine at this point.  I hope they keep them coming!!

#33 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

Stargunner

• 1,689 posts

Posted Tue May 2, 2017 12:34 PM

Their online social media account said so far over 200K games sold just on Switch alone and growing.  Given the very few titles they have on there compared to the stuff Sony has and being on the eshop market about 6 weeks now that's impressive.

#34 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

Up! Down! Up! Down!

• Topic Starter
  • 8,622 posts
  • Chu! Chu! Chu!

Posted Tue May 2, 2017 6:58 PM

HAMSTER, I DARE you to release NEO MR. DO! for Switch

#35 Punisher5.0 ONLINE  

Punisher5.0

River Patroller

• 3,161 posts

Posted Tue May 2, 2017 7:30 PM

Hamster is crushing it with these Neo Geo ACA ports...

The Switch is more or less becoming my portable Neo Geo machine at this point.  I hope they keep them coming!!

No doubt. It was cool to see Blazing Star on the eshop today.

#36 travistouchdown OFFLINE  

travistouchdown

River Patroller

• 3,423 posts
  • Do the math!

Posted Wed May 3, 2017 10:30 AM

No doubt. It was cool to see Blazing Star on the eshop today.

For sure.  Purchasing that one at my earliest convenience.  May not need Pulstar with a great horizontal shooter like that available..

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users