A couple of things to note...
1. When it comes to a replica box, I'm going to be EXTREMELY picky as I personally would only want one if it was VERY close to the original box, like so close that it was hard to tell the difference.
2. Looking at the pictures of your mini box I notice a couple of things that would prevent me from buying the full-sized product:
3. The colors are very over-saturated and don't look right to me (look at the blue on the Donkey Kong cabinet and the controller on the front and compare it to a real box)
4. You seem to have the background gray color close, not perfect enough for me to make a purchase, but it seems like you've also lost that "shine' that the original box has.
5. From the looks of it, it would appear these are being printed on very thin paper. I would hope the full-sized box would be printed on exactly the same thickness as the original box.
Again, sorry if I sound like I'm being overly critical, it's just that I feel this is one of those things that it needs to be PERFECT or it's something that shouldn't be done. Just my personal thoughts on this...
Hi TPR, thank you for that.
I don't know if you've read the previous posts, but I think exactly like you.
Here are some information about this project specifically.
My original idea was to make a replica box (the large one) since I don't have one and can't find any to buy. It was a personal project and that's why I came to the forum, to ask for pictures and dimensons for it (hence the topic).
These ones that we are looking at, I made from pics I gathered from the net guerilla style. You can see that I didn't use any pictures from the original box. Even the console itself is a different one. But now, I'm getting help from our fellow member Todd ( SiLic0ne t0aD85) who is going to send me some actual pictures and actual dimensions, so I can fix it.
Then some people suggested that I make mini boxes since I'll already have the art for my big box.
I never had or have the intention to sell wheter the big or small one. But there's been some interest and I'm reporting to those who manifested it. If people would want me to send them only the art or the final product, it's their decision, and if I'm to charge anything is the cost of the box and the shipping, for those who have two left hands (as they say).
I'm only making it and myself available with whatever I can do to help, since people has been very helpful to me, and that's the sense of a community right?
Anyway, thanks for your feedback, and If you could be a little more specific with your ideas (I mean post the correct colors, for example), or even throw some new ones so we can make it better, I'll be more than thankful. That's why I came to this forum, to get all the help I can.