Photo

Just bought a few pal games but won't fit into atari 2600 jr console.

5 replies to this topic

#1 pacmanrocks OFFLINE  

pacmanrocks

Combat Commando

• 9 posts

Posted Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:41 PM

These three pal games I just bought won't fit into the atari 2600 jr console. The cartridge ends are curved. They seem to somewhat fit into a 7800 but haven't tested the games yet. Are all pal cartridges made this way?

Acid Drop

Pick N Pile

My Golf

#2 high voltage OFFLINE  

high voltage

Quadrunner

• 5,966 posts

Posted Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:42 PM

Curved?

#3 save2600 OFFLINE  

save2600

Quadrunner

• 13,568 posts

Posted Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:56 PM

Those all Salu branded by chance? Plain white label with black text... warped is probably more like it. Depending on how they were stored all these years, may be severely buckled, curved, warped, rounded, whatever. Recently picked up a bunch of CBS carts and couldn't believe how chinsey and cheap the shell's are on them. Pretty sure the Salu carts are of the same quality. Worst I've ever seen for an Atari cartridge. :(

The HES versions of those games were made with Activision shells IIRC, so should be much better quality. But again, if they were stored improperly, something funky might be up with them. I'm guessing you've got the Salu versions though...

#4 Rom Hunter OFFLINE  

Rom Hunter

VCS Games Archivist

• 8,446 posts
  • Obtainer of Rare Antiquities

Posted Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:26 AM

Yes, most probably the Salu versions.

8)

#5 high voltage OFFLINE  

high voltage

Quadrunner

• 5,966 posts

Posted Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:06 AM

Warped indeed a little, sometimes you just have to use a hammer.

Untitled-1_zpsksj13f8b.jpg

#6 pacmanrocks OFFLINE  

pacmanrocks

Combat Commando

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:58 AM

They are Salu I believe. They look just like high voltage's pictures. The sides are curved like in his and makes it hard to push into the atari system. I finally got them to go in but it's a pain in the ass and sounds like you are breaking the cartridge pushing them in.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users