IGNORED

DKC 3D "Party over at Cranky's" Possible on Jaguar?

a couple of years ago I made this 3D DKC fan game and I recreated Cranky's cabin threw in a disco ball and added the G6 music as a bonus screen you could get to at a certain point in the game. I know the Zeroplayer uses MP3 and I'm pretty sure if I wanted to recreate this scene on Jaguar hardware I could convert every single sprite. I would make the animated Wii U screen and DK arcade screens 4 bit bmps and everything else 16 bit) I'm worried about 2 things here, overloading the object processor with this many animated sprites on screen at once and if the entire MP3 song will be converted, and if so will it leave enough space for the rest of the stuff. I noticed the spiderman example file only has a few sprites and 1 song and if Im not mistaken, its 4 MB. Thoughts? I'm bored and wanna do something goofy today

So it's just a bunch of 16bit sprite animations and a 2 minute sample? I can't imagine it being a big problem for the jaguar. Hint: rb+ can convert almost all audio formats (including mp3) to adpcm, so zeroplayer can play them.

Instead of asking people if it's possible - just go and try it! It's the best way to learn. You'll find out 1 of 3 things; 1: The jag can't do it. 2: The Jag can do it. 3: If you play around with settings and try different things then it can do it.

The upshot being, it either just works, you discover it doesn't work so you know limits for the future, you learn new ways to eek out more Jag POWA.

It's not going to take you long to get that up and running and then you'll know one way or another. If it's just for goofing around then what have you got to loose?

• Like 3

If you've already got your own animation system going it should be no problem.

I think there is some sort of tracker music support (not sure, I just remember the awesome music in Degz). You could probably overlay voice audio samples over your tracker music.

it sounds like you need to figure out your standard game engine first. Get a good template with the most useful functions in there.