IGNORED

Av mod + vcr question

Noah98

A few years ago I bought a Vader from a local shop and it was already av modded. The picture is very dark and the colors bleed. I took it apart and adjusted the color, which helped, but it still looks bad.

I picked up an old VCR from a thrift store, ran it through that, and the picture is amazing! Clear, bright, and proper colors. My question is, how can I make my 2600's picture look like that without the VCR, and why might it be happening? Is there something I could do internally to get the same effect?

A few years ago I bought a Vader from a local shop and it was already av modded. The picture is very dark and the colors bleed. I took it apart and adjusted the color, which helped, but it still looks bad.

I picked up an old VCR from a thrift store, ran it through that, and the picture is amazing! Clear, bright, and proper colors. My question is, how can I make my 2600's picture look like that without the VCR, and why might it be happening? Is there something I could do internally to get the same effect?

Did yours also have ghosting? I absolutely hate the way the picture looks on the AV mod. Arguably the picture is better on my RF unit.

I need to see if I can borrow a stand alone VCR since the AV input on the TV with a built in VCR and DVD may not be accomplishing what you are getting from a stand alone VCR.

sounds like the signal needs to be amplified, there's a simple transistor circuit that can be made for cheap

Do you know where I can find directions? I'd love to try this out and see if it helps.

Edited by Noah98

Did yours also have ghosting? I absolutely hate the way the picture looks on the AV mod. Arguably the picture is better on my RF unit.

I need to see if I can borrow a stand alone VCR since the AV input on the TV with a built in VCR and DVD may not be accomplishing what you are getting from a stand alone VCR.

Yes, I had ghosting too. The VCR definitely made it look really good. I would try a standalone VCR unit instead of the combo and see what happens.