IGNORED

Analogue NT Mini Hardware

Radfoo

Glad to hear they solved your issue but censoring bad reviews ain't right no matter how you spin it unless they can prove those were from non-customers attempting to discredit the product.

I have no first hand knowledge of these claims. I only know what's happened for me and that was satisfaction.

To be fair they shipped another complete unit without receiving the problem child first.

Resolved within 48 hours. I'd say that's well within a "reasonable expectation".

I'm gonna go ahead and call this GREAT customer service.

I'm a bit embarrased for getting panicky.

Big of you to say. That's a definite credit to Analogue.

Edited by RampantOctopus

Big of you to say. That's a definite credit to Analogue.

I was borderline rude when I didn't hear back RIGHT AWAY, because 500 BUCKS and white privilege. But, you know, I wouldn't, I SHOULDN'T expect that kind of turn around time from a relatively small company. Corporations live by 4-6 weeks or even 6-8 weeks turnaround on consumer complaints. So, by comparison, I'm frankly astonished at the level if trust I was given. They shipped a replacement with no guarantee I would ever return their product to them. I've seen and worked for small companies in their accounts departments and you'd be surprised what a razor thin margin small companies experience. And then it happened, I was given a return label by PDF by email aroundabouts 48 hours and they had already shipped the replacement. I think they are interested in maintaining their reputation. I have no complaints.

As addendum: even though I'll have to wait a little bit longer to play it in my own home, my buddy has a mini nt and I know how awesome (sorry I'm almost 50) the cores have made this system something other than else. I'm perfectly happy to be inconvenienced for a few days.

Edited by Flangle

It was a bit difficult to convince Analogue support that I had a defective console. After a fair few emails they bought a label to ship back my NT mini first and let them test it, but once they saw the issues I received a 100% functional one in the end. The replacement was shipped out very quickly and ultimately the whole thing was probably about 2 weeks. (only didn't have an NT Mini for a week, though)

I think it was worth it overall since I got a fully working one in the end and it really is a fantastic console

I'd probably buy another Analogue product again if they have something as interesting as the NT Mini :P Kinda hard to top.

Edited by rezb1t

For a 500US$ premium console it's disappointing the level of (un)support.

I told you that you were paying for the aluminum milled case instead of what matters (support being one of the key aspects obviously).

To be fair let's give them time to correct their behavior. Hopefully kevtris retained the rights to release his cores (NES included) on any platform he may build in the future.

Analogue is what, 2 people? Every experience I've personally had with their support has been good, especially considering the size. I'm happier with the Nt Mini than anything else I've purchased in recent years.

I'm definitely looking forward to the Z3k, but not expecting it for at least a few years considering none of the 16 bit cores have even been started.

I won't lie, aluminum foil has crossed my mind... I'd like something more elegant, but, if push comes to shove, I'll try it.

Well just try the the aluminum foil shield and see what happens. If it works, then perhaps it can be incorporated into the housing of the remote.

That cable looks like it needs 9V; what does the USB port at the back of the Nt mini carry? 5V I'm guessing(?)

Hi!

No. It needs 5v to downgrade to 1V/3V to activate RGB on "blanking" (Pin16) for EuroSCART CRT-TV.

The nt mini doesn't has the 5V output at the "VGA" part (D15). You can get this from the USB port (the sugested cable scheme from Analogue PDF), maybe from V-SYNC (not tested) or the other ports (Famicom Expansion Port, Gamepad 2-3-4 conectors, ...) commented by kevtris.

Not in my my case still had to buy me another power supply because they say a there nothing wrong with a power supply that making much noise as long the unit starts.

MMmm I hope the wife doesn't read this thread, because she can be a real annoyance and not buy anything from a company that slacks in support and all that. You know..

MMmm I hope the wife doesn't read this thread, because she can be a real annoyance and not buy anything from a company that slacks in support and all that. You know..

Yes its not expensive payed 25$ for a new quality supply.

Its more of a principle that when you buy a so expensive electronic unit you should get a silent power supply .

And If you not getting a silent one the support should just replace it.

I know Nvidia had this problem with the gen1 shield console and they just replaced the power supply..

I wonder what would happening If say Oppo should sell their premium uhd players with noisy power supplys and when the costumers complaint about it, they say it should sound like that, the avsforums would rage.

Hi!

No. It needs 5v to downgrade to 1V/3V to activate RGB on "blanking" (Pin16) for EuroSCART CRT-TV.

The nt mini doesn't has the 5V output at the "VGA" part (D15). You can get this from the USB port (the sugested cable scheme from Analogue PDF), maybe from V-SYNC (not tested) or the other ports (Famicom Expansion Port, Gamepad 2-3-4 conectors, ...) commented by kevtris.

So http://retrocables.es/tienda/index.php?id_product=55&controller=product&id_lang=1 should work as a SCART RGB solution for the Nt mini?

Edited by coderkind

Dont try to start a topic in the Analogue support thread they dont publish it, at least if its not a positive one.

My two topics I tried to start about the nes30 controller and the buzzing power supply is not pending anymore they are deleted.

You cant even post in a existing thread without approval good forum they have.

See this type of BS makes me not want to support them. RetroUSB doesnt have an official support forum but nintendoage has its own AVS subforum. When issues came up with users with broken USB ports, he was quick to offer free replacement or repair of any console affected, and didnt care what cable you used or if the user opened his or her console to inspect the damage and attempt a fix. Brian immediately developed a reinforcement quick fix and applied it to every console he pushed out the door. He switched to through-hole USB connector for the second production run. There were also issues with the nes cart port being too short for carts with green strip connectors, believed to be on the leading edge of the nes pcb manufacture. Woqkaround is to use a genie or fc adapter as passthrough. This have also been fixed in second run and will be available free of charge as a user-installdd drop in replacement connector for anyone who repuerts one. If analougue had this level of customer service rather than deny any issues and make customers jump through hoops before accepting a return, opinion would be much better right now.
  • Like 1

I'm glad I held off, too, and didn't cancel my AVS preorder. Kevtris' amazing work is the only reason the NT mini was in my radar.

You wont regret it. Jailbreak features aside, what nt has going for it is 1080p, an attractive case, and some advanced menu options. And 1080p is overrated given the low resolution of the source material. and most displays upscale 720p flawlessly. AVS has scoreboard, a much lower pricepoint, and actually looks like an 80s console. :D

See this type of BS makes me not want to support them. RetroUSB doesnt have an official support forum but nintendoage has its own AVS subforum. When issues came up with users with broken USB ports, he was quick to offer free replacement or repair of any console affected, and didnt care what cable you used or if the user opened his or her console to inspect the damage and attempt a fix. Brian immediately developed a reinforcement quick fix and applied it to every console he pushed out the door. He switched to through-hole USB connector for the second production run. There were also issues with the nes cart port being too short for carts with green strip connectors, believed to be on the leading edge of the nes pcb manufacture. Woqkaround is to use a genie or fc adapter as passthrough. This have also been fixed in second run and will be available free of charge as a user-installdd drop in replacement connector for anyone who repuerts one. If analougue had this level of customer service rather than deny any issues and make customers jump through hoops before accepting a return, opinion would be much better right now.

I'm reluctant to cast aspersions considering how quickly they solved my dead port 1 problem. I was sent a new unit and accessories sight unseen. I just explained my problem fully and told them what I had tried to troubleshoot the problem. I have no way to verify anecdotal bad service claims (I admit my story is anecdotal, too, FWIW.) I only know what i've experienced and it was very positive. OTOH, if I get noisy power supply....

Re my ongoing dissapoitment with the 8bitdo controller's crosstalk when using a second retro receiver:

I wonder if there would be a way to reassign controller port order via firmware; i.e., make controller ports 1 and 2 resolve to physical ports 1 and 4 (and if that little space might be enough to alleviate some of the interference...)?

I've purchased a NES extension cord but it's DOA, I wonder how hard it's going to be to find a functional one or some other wireless solution for the nt mini. This de-facto wired controller requirement really sucks.

Its a bit of a long shot but many nes and famicom games from japanese devs read from both d0 and d1 as the famicom used this input for auxillary controllers, so you may have limited success using ports 1 and 4 with the 3-4 player ports configured to famicom mode. On avs menu, this would have famicom expansion emulation turned on and four score set to fc mode. i dont know the equivalent setting for nt mini as i dont own one. success will be game depemdant on if it reads from input d1.

Yes its not expensive payed 25$ for a new quality supply.

Its more of a principle that when you buy a so expensive electronic unit you should get a silent power supply .

And If you not getting a silent one the support should just replace it.

I know Nvidia had this problem with the gen1 shield console and they just replaced the power supply..

I wonder what would happening If say Oppo should sell their premium uhd players with noisy power supplys and when the costumers complaint about it, they say it should sound like that, the avsforums would rage.

Thanks for sending me the power supply specs. I just didn't want to mess around with my noisy OEM power supply either. As far as I am concerned, they shouldn't make noise. I know we shouldn't have to, but I bought an aftermarket power supply as an insurance policy.

I ordered this one from ebay and it works great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122309584473?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Like 1

Update regarding my console.

After some convincing they had no problem accepting me to return my console. I did not have a supported cable from monoprice, but I knew my consoles analogue out was faulty. Have some knowledge about how to follow documentation and the cable I used from retrogamingbables.uk was connected correctly.

Since I'm an international buyer they could not make shipping labels so I had to cover shipping costs myself. However, if the console was defect they would pay the shipping. Fair enough.

Now the new console is on it's way, they sent me a replacement. So they must have confirmed that my console was defect. The money I had to spent on return shipping are on it's way as well.

It took 3 days or so after they recieved my console before sending me a new one.

Must say I'm very pleased. They keep what they promise. Not bad for a small company after all.

Hope they triple check the consoles delivered now, at least for international buyers since oversees shipping is very expensive.

• Like 1

Update regarding my console.

After some convincing they had no problem accepting me to return my console. I did not have a supported cable from monoprice, but I knew my consoles analogue out was faulty. Have some knowledge about how to follow documentation and the cable I used from retrogamingbables.uk was connected correctly.

Since I'm an international buyer they could not make shipping labels so I had to cover shipping costs myself. However, if the console was defect they would pay the shipping. Fair enough.

Now the new console is on it's way, they sent me a replacement. So they must have confirmed that my console was defect. The money I had to spent on return shipping are on it's way as well.

It took 3 days or so after they recieved my console before sending me a new one.

Must say I'm very pleased. They keep what they promise. Not bad for a small company after all.

Hope they triple check the consoles delivered now, at least for international buyers since oversees shipping is very expensive.

Good news!
I'm waiting if your RGB issue is solved to order the nt mini.
I hope the new ones are good, and they will do a triple RGB check for both: abroad (overseas) users as us and local :)