4 replies to this topic

#1 Nebulon OFFLINE  

Nebulon

Stargunner

• 1,646 posts

Posted Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:57 PM

Anyone feel like writing a MegaDemo?

Well now you can!

Here are two versions of an assembler that was used extensively for demo coding back in the day:

http://www.pouet.net...php?which=47999

http://www.pouet.net...php?which=62372  (apparently this one includes a manual)

If anyone knows of other assemblers that are good for this sort of thing, feel free to post links in this thread.

#2 sometimes99er OFFLINE  

sometimes99er

River Patroller

• 4,067 posts

Posted Thu Jun 8, 2017 5:55 AM

Ahh, did I use SEKA back in the day.  :thumbsup:

#3 Nebulon OFFLINE  

Nebulon

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,646 posts

Posted Fri Jun 9, 2017 1:07 PM

Ahh, did I use SEKA back in the day.  :thumbsup:

What did you think of it? Were you able to do pretty much what you wanted to with it or did you find that you had to use a number of other programs in addition to it to finish a demo?

#4 sometimes99er OFFLINE  

sometimes99er

River Patroller

• 4,067 posts

Posted Fri Jun 9, 2017 1:59 PM

What did you think of it? Were you able to do pretty much what you wanted to with it or did you find that you had to use a number of other programs in addition to it to finish a demo?

SEKA did an excellent job. Compact and fast. At the time I also looked into Devpac Assembler from HiSoft Systems. Yes, for games and a few programs, it certainly did whatever I wanted. These days I'm probably not that forgiving. There must be something better.

And of course I used Deluxe Paint, an audio wave recorder and editor, and a music tracker.

:)

#5 tschak909 OFFLINE  

tschak909

Stargunner

• 1,986 posts

Posted Fri Jun 9, 2017 4:14 PM

SEKA, jeeebus fucking crispy creme... That's a name I've not heard in a long....long time...... ......long time.

I had MasterSEKA and HiSoft DevPac 2 and 3 in my assembler tool belt, all three excellent assemblers.

-Thom

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Amiga, Demo, MegaDemo, Dentro, Scene, Code, Assembly, Assembler, Programming

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users